[资讯] Chan sets sights on Olympic glory(奥运赛季的新节目)

[复制链接]
卡子卡子 发表于 2013-4-18 16:38:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
文章中说到陈伟群决定到底特律去训练,下赛季的短节目将保留“悲歌”,自由滑将与DW合作一套新节目

http://thechronicleherald.ca/art ... UW9kn8obKGR.twitter

Chan sets sights on Olympic glory

B97169437Z.120130417163209000GEU2OG1C.11.jpg

hree-time world champion makes Stars on Ice debut in Halifax

Three-time world champion skater Patrick Chan rehearses Tuesday at the Halifax Metro Centre for this weekend’s Investors Group Stars on Ice show. For a review of the show go to thechronicleherald.ca on Saturday. (TED PRITCHARD / Staff)

PATRICK CHAN is getting sexy with Stars On Ice.

In his debut with the all-star figure skating extravaganza at Halifax Metro Centre on Friday at 7:30 p.m., the three-time world champion is performing two of his exhibition programs.

Mannish Boy, choreographed by long-time collaborator David Wilson to the Muddy Waters tune, “made me get comfortable moving my body in different ways,” says the 22-year-old skater. “Instead of moving it lyrically, I moved it more aggressively, more sexy, kind of rock and roll, really rough and raw.”

I Need A Dollar by Aloe Blacc, choreographed by Christopher Dean, is the story of a man begging for a dollar. It uses a hat as a prop.

“Christopher Dean is amazing, so knowledgeable, so experienced, really a genius. He taught me so many cool hat tricks that are in the program,” says Chan in a phone interview before hopping a plane for the World Team Trophy competition in Tokyo, where Canada finished second.

“It’s a lot harder because props have a mind of their own. But I’m excited to do it on Stars.”

The six-time Canadian champ wears a baseball cap to Blue Jays games.

“I’m a big sports fan — hockey, baseball. I love playing golf, and I love tennis, watching tennis and playing tennis. It’s a sport I’ve played since I was little.”

He didn’t take in a lot of the Olympic competition at the 2010 Games in Vancouver.

“I was upset about the results I had so I was a bit sour, but I’m looking forward to taking full advantage of watching other events in Sochi.”

Chan was disappointed with his fifth-place finish in Vancouver but reminds himself he was just 19, so he was one of the younger competitors.

He says heading into Sochi he’s more mature as a skater and a person, with a lot more experience and many more medals.

It’s been like a dream to win three world championships, he says.

“But once you get there, you keep wanting more. My biggest goal is to win the Olympics, and I won’t be satisfied till then.”

The 2014 Olympic Games are just 10 months away so it’s all work for Chan, who will head right back into training after the 12-city Stars On Ice tour wraps up in Vancouver on May 10. Halifax is the first stop.

The skater will keep this year’s short program, Elegie in E Flat Minor by Sergei Rachmaninoff, that was choreographed by 2008 world champion Jeffrey Buttle, also part of this year’s Stars On Ice tour.

In Toronto, he will work with Wilson on creating a new long program.

Chan says he is planning to shift his training base to Detroit from Colorado Springs, as a number of other Canadian skaters heading to the Olympics train there at the Detroit Skating Club and it will provide a positive environment.

The skater, who set a new world record in the short program at the 2013 World Championships in London last month, plans to work on a quad Salchow over the summer, though he may not include it in competition.

In Halifax, he’ll work on his most difficult jumps in rehearsals and practice. And as for the show: “Maybe I’ll do a triple Axel, or maybe even a quad toe, depending on how I feel.”

Chan is excited to be part of Stars on Ice as he’s heard a lot of great stories about the camaraderie on tour.

Among his fellow skaters is four-time world champion Kurt Browning, who has been with Stars On Ice since it began in 1991.

“I remember when I was really young and I was at the Granite Club (in Toronto) and Kurt Browning was there and it was like I was looking at a god. He was so nice and so welcoming and he’s still the same as always. That’s why I look up to him. He’s stayed true to himself, no matter what success or disappointment he’s had.”

Chan will skate in several group numbers with a cast that includes singles skaters Buttle, Browning, Shawn Sawyer, Joannie Rochette and Ashley Wagner, ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and Sinead and John Kerr of the United Kingdom, and pairs skaters Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford.

Chan has participated in travelling shows in Korea, Japan and China, and he had his first taste of North American touring in Celebration On Ice in December.

“Doing shows, you don’t have to think about technical things. You go out, express, move, have a good time, there’s no pressure. It’s good preparation for competing. It gets you comfortable under your skin, gets you really comfortable skating in front of an audience, letting your body and your natural muscle memory take over and trusting it.”

STARS ON ICE

WHAT: Investor’s Group Stars On Ice, presented by Lindt

WHERE: Halifax Metro Centre

WHEN: Friday, 7:30 p.m.

FEATURING: Four-time world champion Kurt Browning; three-time world champion Patrick Chan; 2010 Olympic gold medallists in ice dancing Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir; 2013 world bronze medallist pairs skaters Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford; 2008 world champion Jeffrey Buttle; 2010 Olympic bronze medallist Joannie Rochette; 2006 Olympic team member Shawn Sawyer of Edmunston, N.B.; two-time U.S. national champion Ashley Wagner and Sinead and John Kerr, 2011 European bronze medallist ice dancers from Scotland.

本帖被以下淘专辑推荐:

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表