[消息] Weir宣布退役,并将担任NBC的索契冬奥会解说

[复制链接]
年华 发表于 2013-10-24 07:45:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
tumblr_mv4qvcrfmd1qbfu8do1_500.jpg

Two-time Olympic figure skater and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir is hanging up the skates and picking up the mic.

Weir is retiring from competition and joining NBC Olympics as a figure skating analyst for the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, he announced on TODAY Wednesday.

The skating star, who is openly gay and married to a Russian man, also gave his take on Russia’s controversial Russian anti-gay laws.

Weir has been opposed to calls for a boycott of the Sochi Olympics because he feels it would negate the efforts of athletes who have worked hard to reach the Games.

In June, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed into law a bill banning the promotion of “non-traditional sexual relations” toward minors, which has made gay athletes and spectators worried about discrimination and possible arrest in Sochi.

"I’m a gay American. I’ve married into a Russian family. I’ve been a longtime supporter of Russia, the culture, the country, the language, everything about Russia," Weir said on TODAY Wednesday. "While this law is a terrible thing that you can’t be gay publicly in Russia, I plan to be there in full support of our brothers and sisters there and not be afraid.

"If I get arrested, I get arrested; if not, great, but our presence is needed. For all the Olympians that worked so hard, a boycott is just the worst thing that you could do to all these young people."

In his 16-year professional career, Weir won three consecutive U.S. titles from 2004-2006, took fifth at the 2006 Torino Winter Olympics and sixth in the Vancouver Olympics in 2010. He is no stranger to television, either, as he had his own reality series, “Be Good Johnny Weir,’’ on the Logo Network.
Yvonne 发表于 2021-12-3 01:47:59 | 显示全部楼层
好久没来了!
回复 支持 1 反对 0

使用道具 举报

Yvonne 发表于 2014-2-9 22:05:09 | 显示全部楼层
期待。
ice_skating 发表于 2014-2-11 14:46:21 | 显示全部楼层
和Tara Lipinsky同台,不过好像是花边解说性质的,不是比赛的同时解说。穿的一如既往华丽,还戏称跟Tara共用化妆间。

点评

看了一点。  详情 回复 发表于 2014-5-21 22:16
Yvonne 发表于 2014-5-21 22:16:40 | 显示全部楼层
ice_skating 发表于 2014-2-11 14:46
和Tara Lipinsky同台,不过好像是花边解说性质的,不是比赛的同时解说。穿的一如既往华丽,还戏称跟Tara共 ...

看了一点。
Yvonne 发表于 2018-2-20 22:22:16 | 显示全部楼层
好久没来了,平昌又是他和lipinski。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表