[讨论] [转帖]方便面也和卡罗尔分手了

[复制链接]
princess 发表于 2004-11-10 19:12:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Timothy Goebel and Coach Frank Carroll Part Ways

11/8/04) — 2002 Olympic bronze medalist Timothy Goebel and coach Frank Carroll announced today their mutual decision to end their coaching relationship. Goebel also announced that he will immediately begin training with Audrey Weisiger.

"I am grateful and appreciative for everything that Frank has done for me both on and off the ice over the past few years," Goebel said. "With all of the problems I encountered last season Frank was in my corner, and for that, I can never thank him enough."

Goebel moved to California to train with Carroll in the summer of 2000. He previously trained with Carol Heiss at Winterhurst Ice Rink outside Cleveland, Ohio.

"Over time, Timothy and I have come to realize that we have different philosophies on coaching and that it was time for a change," Carroll said. "This summer while I was on vacation I suggested that Tim work on his quads with Audrey Weisiger. They seemed to work well together, and I am sure that Tim is in good hands with Audrey. I have the utmost respect for Tim as a top athlete and wish him all of the best in his future endeavors."

Carroll formerly coached eight-time U.S. champion Michelle Kwan, and he currently coaches 2004 World Junior silver medalist Evan Lysacek and 2004 U.S. bronze medalist Jennifer Kirk.

"I am excited about the future working with Audrey," Goebel said. "I truly enjoyed the time I spent training with her this past summer, and I am looking forward to moving ahead in my skating under her guidance."

Added Weisiger: "I am excited at the opportunity to work with a world-class athlete like Timothy. I am confident that together, we will be able to achieve many of Tim's goals in the sport of figure skating."

Weisiger currently coaches top Japanese contender Yoshie Onda. She formerly coached three-time U.S. champion Michael Weiss.

Goebel, who placed second at NHK Trophy last weekend, won the silver medal at the 2002 and 2003 World Championships and was on his way to another successful season in 2003-04 when he began struggling with boot problems and injuries. He was forced to withdraw from the 2004 State Farm U.S. Figure Skating Championships and did not compete at the 2004 World Championships. However, after working hard in the off-season he began 2004-2005 by winning gold and $50,000 at the Campbell's International Figure Skating Classic on Oct. 1.

Goebel next competes at 2004 Trophée Eric Bompard in Paris, France, Nov. 19-21.

zz2004 发表于 2004-11-16 11:14:00 | 显示全部楼层
不愧是方便面!更新换代不含糊!
dy 发表于 2004-11-16 20:29:00 | 显示全部楼层
分就分吧,无所谓。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表