[冰坛资讯] Igor Shpilband另起炉灶(收徒意大利C/L)

[复制链接]
鱼类 发表于 2012-6-4 14:19:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
原文

http://www.freep.com/article/20120603/SPORTS18/120603037

Coach Igor Shpilband out at Canton's Arctic Figure Skating Club

0120604142509.jpg

Figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was told by the owner of the Arctic Edge Arena and its general manager today that he is no longer at their club.

"I just got fired," Shpilband said this afternoon.

According to Craig O'Neill, longtime general manager of the Arctic Edge, the move was made in part because its top three teams -- including 2010 Olympic gold and silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada, and Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- felt as if "Igor wasn't there anymore for them."

Shpilband, who with Marina Zoueva built the ice dance program in Canton into the world's best after he left the Detroit Skating Club nearly a decade ago, learned of his dismissal at about 5:30 p.m. in a meeting with O'Neill and rink owner John Stansik.

“I'm totally shocked," Shpilband said. "I have to talk to the kids (skaters). I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie. He (O'Neill) said the kids don't want me at the rink anymore. For what reason, I don't know."

Shpilband said that he and Zoueva have had conflicts recently, namely over Zoueva's scheduling of their teams, saying that she hadn't been consulting him.

"To me, that's not a good partnership," he said. "Me and Marina had a good run, and I don't want it to end like this; two years after the Olympics (2014 in Sochi) we could have gone our seperate ways.

"Every partnership has arguments -- it our business together. It's give and take, but Marina didn't see it that way. She wanted me to go away. I worked for many years before Marina, I built and took skaters to the top podium in the world. But I felt like I needed Marina to (go) from worlds to the Olympics, which (was) incredible -- we did it together."

Zoueva, who is remaining at the Arctic FSC, said that Shpilband had created a "conflict of interest" because she said he wanted to work exclusively with two new teams. But O'Neill said that wasn't a factor in the decision.

“What John (Stansik) and I did today was all based on the kids," O'Neill said of Virtue and Moir, Davis and White, and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani. "Igor did talk about starting his own program, and coaching some of his own kids, and we didn't have issues with that. Our main focus has to be the top three teams.

“There was a lot of issues. This has been going on for a couple of months. He's not focused with the kids. What it came down to was the kids didn't want to skate there (in Canton) anymore with Igor. Either they were leaving or Igor was leaving.

“We told him that the kids weren't going to come back to the rink until we had this meeting with you."

O'Neill said that U.S. Figure Skating was apprised of the problems at the rink since the end of April or beginning of May. Shpilband said that when he spoke with Mitch Moyer, senior director of athlete high performance at U.S. Figure Skating, he said was about the "issue I had with Marina."

Asked what Shpilband's reaction to his dismissal was, O'Neill said: "He was shocked. Absolutely floored."

Shpilband said that he last met with Davis and White, four-time U.S. champions, a couple of weeks ago before they went on vacation.

“I've always been committed 100% to the skaters," Shpilband said.

Shpilband said tonight that he will be meeting Monday with Davis and White.

Reached by phone, Davis declined comment. Attempts to reach Moir and White were unsuccessful.

"Honestly, I need some time to regroup," Shpilband said. "I don't know what I'm going to do. If Marina put it in a way -- her or me -- OK, I hope that not all skaters go that way, that they see (that ) I put my heart and soul into this."

Zoueva, who has worked with Shpilband since 2001, said: "He built the best-ever ice dance school. I'm very very sad. For me, it's real hard."

Shpilband's influence in ice dance in the United States has been huge over the last 20 years since he defected in 1990 from the Soviet Union and arrived at the Detroit Skating Club. He became an American citizen in 2000.

Shpilband coached many U.S. teams to national and international prominence, including Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow, who won four of their five U.S. titles in the 1990s under his mentorship.

In 1998, Shpilband partnered Tanith Belbin with Ben Agosto, whom with their silver medal finish at the 2006 Torino Games became the first American ice dance team to win an Olympic medal in 30 years.

Ice dance teams from the Arctic FSC have won seven of the last nine world medals, including in 2011 in Moscow, when Davis and White, Virtue and Moir, and the Shibutani siblings completed the first-ever North American sweep of the ice dance medals. With the win, Davis and White also brought home the first-ever American world gold medal in the discipline.
Fanny 发表于 2012-6-4 14:27:51 | 显示全部楼层
“I'm totally shocked," Shpilband said. "I have to talk to the kids (skaters). I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie. He (O'Neill) said the kids don't want me at the rink anymore. For what reason, I don't know."

看意思应该是嬉皮跟姨妈之间有矛盾,嬉皮想求助于跟学生们交流来化解危机,但学生们很可能是要跟着姨妈的吧

点评

也有可能是被学生们一齐赶走的啊,看事情怎么向后发展吧  详情 回复 发表于 2012-6-4 20:12
TeenのsTeven 发表于 2012-6-4 14:31:01 | 显示全部楼层
is.jpg
时间是一把杀猪刀

点评

其实现在才更有男人味更帅吧^^  发表于 2012-6-4 14:50
obst 发表于 2012-6-4 14:50:00 | 显示全部楼层
好多抓马啊有木月有!
vm和dw会不会分开训练了?
happywong 发表于 2012-6-4 15:00:05 | 显示全部楼层
重磅炸弹啊,编舞能力很强的一位教练啊,今年好多教练风波哦
sasayo 发表于 2012-6-4 19:58:47 | 显示全部楼层
这个OFF-SEASON真是走马换教练
 楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-6-4 20:12:34 | 显示全部楼层
Fanny 发表于 2012-6-4 14:27
看意思应该是嬉皮跟姨妈之间有矛盾,嬉皮想求助于跟学生们交流来化解危机,但学生们很可能是要跟着姨妈 ...

也有可能是被学生们一齐赶走的啊,看事情怎么向后发展吧
Penny 发表于 2012-6-5 07:47:23 | 显示全部楼层
Igor来中国吧!
pilabaji 发表于 2012-6-5 09:33:08 | 显示全部楼层
到底是和姨妈还是学生也不好说啊,应该矛盾也不是一两天了吧,好在离14年还有不少时间,大家都有得调整啊
pilabaji 发表于 2012-6-5 09:36:16 | 显示全部楼层
又想一想这会不会只是个前奏啊,之后会不会VM或者DW之一跟着igor出去然后另一对留下跟姨妈呢~~期待事态发展
road 发表于 2012-6-5 11:20:53 | 显示全部楼层
现在跟着他们练的冰舞是一共有三对是吗
 楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-6-5 18:27:21 | 显示全部楼层

Shpilband searches for new rink in Michigan

(06/04/2012) - Igor Shpilband was still reeling Monday morning from being let go the day before from the staff of the Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton, Mich.

"I am in shock," he said. "I had no idea this was happening."

According to a report in the Detroit Free Press, Shpilband learned of his firing at around 5:30 p.m. on Sunday in a meeting with Craig O'Neill, general manager of the Arctic Edge, and rink owner John Stansik.

Since defecting from the former Soviet Union in 1990 and beginning his coaching career at the Detroit Skating Club, the 47-year-old Shpilband has become the preeminent ice dancing coach in the world. He teamed with Marina Zoueva, a former top Soviet ice dance competitor and choreographer for two-time Olympic pairs champions Katia Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov, a decade ago. Together, they moved from the Detroit SC to the Arctic Edge in 2003.

Ice dance teams coached by Shpilband and Zoueva -- including Canadian Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, four-time U.S. champions and 2011 world champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White, and U.S. silver medalists and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani -- have brought home seven of the last nine medals at the world championships.

Zoueva remains at the Arctic Edge, while Shpilband will search for a new situation in the greater Detroit area.

"I'm still trying to figure it all out," he said. "I have to find another rink in the area where I can teach. I have a lot of skaters, and this is very inconvenient for them. I need to find ice."

In addition to the two top U.S. teams and the Canadians, U.S. competitors Madison Chock and Evan Bates, and Lithuanians Isabella Tobias and Deividas Stagniunas, among others, train at Arctic Edge.
 楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-6-5 18:29:15 | 显示全部楼层
也就是说DW和SS兄妹这赛季将还是跟着姨妈
姨妈表示很开心

Fanny 发表于 2012-6-5 18:33:57 | 显示全部楼层
嬉皮要回俄罗斯执教??
 楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-6-5 18:41:43 | 显示全部楼层
Marina Zoueva: “It is a conflict of interest”

A crack in a business relationship of famous Canton’s coaches is the result of the desire of Igor Shpilband to start an independent coaching, said Marina Zoueva.

Zoueva told that all business relations with Shpilband aren’t broken yet and she does not preclude the resumption of joint the cooperation. “Nothing is impossible,” said Zoueva in an interview with RSport agency.

Recall that Igor Shpilband was fired from his coaching position at the Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton, Michigan last Sunday at the meeting with general manager Craig O’Neill and the ice rink owner John Stansik.

“Now began the conflict of interest. Without my consent, Igor decided to have his personal students, whom he wanted to coach separately. I have a clear position on this matter: it is a conflict of interest.” explained Zoueva. She also said that Canton’s students don’t related with this situation.

“He just wanted to open his own business within our common business. This is a conflict of interest. It is professionally wrong idea to open your own business,” she continued.

Zoueva sees no problems that the break in relations with Igor Shpilband happened for year and a half before the Olympic Games in Sochi. “It’s better than there are just two months before them,” she said.

“I think it is possible to suffer one and a half year for the sake of common cause.” Zoueva told, estimating the decision of Shpilband to coach his own teams.

Now she finds it difficult to discuss on a theme of how in case of definitive rupture of relations they will divide their students.  ”Everything will depend completely on decisions of skaters.” she noted.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表