Tony Lu, SC of Wilmington
Oleksiy Melnyk, WA FSC
Wilbur Ji, SC of San Francisco

他的勾手三周慢动作回放

楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-1-25 17:31:31 | 显示全部楼层
Zhou cuts down novice men's field in romp

Rising star impresses with dominating free skate

20120123__pdn0124zhou~2_GALLERY.jpg yvHbpZgh.jpg

(01/23/2012) - Vincent Zhou cannot tell a lie: He loves attention.
"It's always good to be known," he said. "I'm blushing."
And that's a good thing, since the 11-year-old from nearby Palo Alto reeled off five triples, two in combination and two of which were triple Lutzes, with so much snap he made winning the U.S. novice men's title look all too easy.
"It's actually not easy, but it's always a good thing to make it look easy," Zhou said of his performance at the U.S. Championships. "I was really happy. It felt great. I had to really focus on what I was doing."
Zhou opened his martial arts-themed free skate, choreographed by Cindy Stuart, with the first of two solid triple Lutzes, followed by an under-rotated triple flip and double Axel-triple toe loop combination. Although a triple loop was also judged under-rotated, his spins were crisp, his split jump soaring and his closing flying sit spin high.
It all added up to 112.51 points, and Zhou ended with 164.96, outpacing the field by more than 25 points.
The budding star even treated the crowd to an extra martial arts pose in the kiss and cry.
"The photographer asked me to do my ending position again," he said. "Martial arts, it's kind of a sidecar for me."
"He's a big ham," Zhou's coach, Tammy Gambill, said, and then added, "He was very sharp today. I was really pleased with his performance. He does this on a daily basis, and just for him to keep his concentration up and do it when it counted is exciting to watch. I knew he was capable of doing this kind of program."
Zhou's diminutive size, extreme youth and jumping gifts naturally prompt comparison with Nathan Chen, another mighty mite who won the first of his two U.S. novice titles (2010 and 2011) at age 10. Almost 18 months older than Zhou, he is competing in the junior ranks here.
"I think he would make a good competitor," Zhou said of his future rival. "I'm looking forward to skating against him in the future.
"Over the summer, I really want to work on triple-triple combinations and add a few to my programs."
Fourth after the short, James Schetelich moved up to silver with a solid program to music from West Side Story that featured triple Lutz and triple flip combinations. The 15-year-old's composure was all the more remarkable, considering a bad fall he took in the morning practice that sent medical staff hurrying on to the ice.
"As I was skating around full speed, I just slipped off my heel and slammed my back into the wall," said Schetelich, who trains under Debbie Davis in Monsey, N.Y. "I've never done anything like that. I just lay there for a while. The rest of the practice was fine, after those 10 minutes.
"It was almost a plus for me, [because it] made me want to push everything a little more. The program was just one jump at a time, and I've never thought like that before."
Schetelich, who was third at Eastern Sectionals, placed second to Zhou in the free and ended with 139.77 points. Like Zhou, he wants to add a triple-triple combination to his repertoire next season.
"I love triple-triples. Hopefully, next year I'll be able to get on them," he said. "I'm doing Lutz-toe [in practice] and I love it."
Spencer Howe, fifth after the short, moved up to grab the bronze medal after a gutsy performance to music from The Phantom of the Opera. He took third in the free and earned 134.22 points overall.
The 15-year-old, who trains under Wendy Olson and Danelle Cole at Burbank, Calif.,'s Pickwick Ice, shook off a hard fall on a triple toe to land a triple Salchow and double Axel-double Axel sequence.
"I didn't get the reach back I usually get and ended up kind of just ripping it around," he said. "When I fell, I said, 'Oh shoot' and I knew that I had to land everything else, so I kind of sucked it up and pretended it never happened. It turned out good."

楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-1-25 17:34:11 | 显示全部楼层
Palo Alto's Vincent Zhou wins gold medal in men's novice competition at U.S. Figure Skating championships

20120125174443.png

SAN JOSE -- Vincent Zhou of Palo Alto celebrated the Chinese New Year on Monday with a dragon-stenciled costume and a martial arts-themed winning program.
Skating to the pounding strains of Iron Monkey and Rising Sun, Zhou skated away with the gold medal in the men's novice competition at the U.S. Figure Skating championships at HP Pavilion in San Jose.
With arms flinging in the air as he stopped perfectly on the final note of music Zhou put an exclamation point on his first appearance at the national championships. He had a two-day total of 164.96 points, well beyond reach of runner-up James Schetelich of New York (139.77).
He's only 4-feet-8, three months into his 11th year and clutched a Japanese stuffed Domo-kun toy. But Zhou hopes to someday skate in the bright-lights of an Olympics. He already knows how to be magnanimous. While watching a TV screen behind the rink the youngster broke into applause when a competitor successfully completed a jump.
"The main factor to my doing well here is Tammy," Zhou said looking at coach Tammy Gambill. "Tammy and I are a perfect match."
Zhou chose the martial arts theme because of his interest in the human body's sense of fight or flight.
"The martial arts theme always makes me want to fight because fighting is the only way to get past all the hurdles in life," he said. "You can't just run away."
Zhou, who takes online classes through Capistrano Connections Academy, ranaway from his competitors with a sophisticated program that included seven triple jumps. He did three combinations, including a triple Lutz, double toe loop, double loop.
His family made a big commitment two years ago when moving their son to Riverside to train with Gambill. The coach has a reputation for developing national-class skaters.
Because he practices 25 hours a week Zhou needed special consideration for school. He had attended Hoover Elementary in Palo Alto before moving. Now Zhou is taking ninth-grade math classes and seventh-grade level courses in all other subjects while getting a good night's sleep.
Gambill's biggest concern at the rink is developing Zhou slowly. Her student sometimes tries to practice a difficult double Axel, triple toe, triple toe combination when she's not looking.
"It's hard holding this little guy back," Gambill said.
Palo Alto High's Wilber Ji used to skate with Zhou on the Peninsula. Though he scored 108.44 points for the two programs to finish last among the 12 skaters, Ji was all smiles afterward. He wasn't worried about scores or placement in his first national championships.
"It's a marathon sport," said Ji's coach, Jeff Crandall.
In other words, what happens in novice competitions doesn't necessarily predict how a skater might mature. Ji, 16, had the best performance of his career Sunday in the short program despite finishing last.
His skating at HP Pavilion has given him the motivation to continue. Ji, who trains at Belmont Iceland, plans to return next season as a novice while trying to improve his triple jumps.

Vincent Zhou 2011 US Intermediate FS

续梦 发表于 2012-1-25 18:17:01 | 显示全部楼层

回帖奖励 +30 ¥金钱

突出的几个全亚裔呀我说。。。。小小周那身衣服真喜庆,啊哟,今年还本命年呢。
cy_sunset 发表于 2012-1-26 11:56:46 | 显示全部楼层

回帖奖励 +30 ¥金钱

感觉这是一个亚裔小天才喷井的时代
草灯 发表于 2012-1-27 03:17:03 | 显示全部楼层

回帖奖励 +30 ¥金钱

感觉小选手里亚裔很多啊,不知道最后成功升入senior的有几个。senior什么时候开始比?
 楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-9-19 19:32:16 | 显示全部楼层

Rising star 周知方 Vincent Zhou

2012全美花式溜冰錦標賽在南灣聖荷西舉行,兩位華裔花式溜冰運動員 – 陳楷雯和周知方,第一次參加比賽便取得很好的成績。

教練Gilley Nicholson對Karen表現非常滿意,他說:”我覺得非常之好,她只有一個錯誤,並立即起來繼續作賽,她非常有信心。”12歲的陳楷雯Karen Chen參加初級女子組別的賽事,在昨天和今天的比賽都以最高分完成,兩個項目加起來以140.17分贏得冠軍,比第二名的選手高出差不多15分,而這個分數,亦是她自己的個人新高,不過她認為自己可以做得更好。陳楷雯說:”但是我還是有跌了,一跤在短環節(short program),一跤在自選動作(free skate),所以我還有進步空間。但是賽季完了,都已經過去了,我明年要更加努力。”

同樣參加初級組,只有11歲的周知方Vincent Zhou,更加是全場年紀最小的參賽選手。他亦以從頭帶到尾的姿態贏得冠軍,但對他來說,這次比賽的壓力也不少。他說:”因為這是我家,是我出生長大的地方,並且有本地的民眾支持我。我要做好否則讓他們失望,最重要的是會讓自己失望。”

他們的賽季剛剛完結,但他們不約而同,已為下季的比賽定下目標。陳楷雯說:”我明年想做連續三周跳的動作,並把我的跳躍動作做得更穩定。”Vincent則表示希望自己保持著良好的狀態,不要受傷。Vincent在南加州的教練Tammy Gambill,在比賽前已經對他信心十足,並說:”他有足夠的訓練,有時我要停止他,因為他做過多了,這小孩不知道該什麼時候停。”

兩位小孩今晚應該可以輕鬆一下,跟家人慶祝拿獎之餘,亦慶祝農曆新年。

(Copyright 2012 KTSF. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
 楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-9-19 19:33:33 | 显示全部楼层

2012美国花样滑冰锦标赛新人赛冠军 SP

楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-9-19 19:34:02 | 显示全部楼层

2012美国花样滑冰锦标赛新人赛冠军 LP

bill2003 发表于 2012-10-24 22:27:34 | 显示全部楼层
明天是vincent 12岁滴生日啦~~~~生日快乐哟~~~
11911597_964277.jpg
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表