[复制链接]
dianaeve 发表于 2010-12-21 23:36:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
卷毛12月20日接受Icenetwork.com的采访
Rippon heading home for the holidays
Rippon回家过节
Family traditions await the U.S. men's competitor
家庭传统迎接美国男单选手
LaswpSWn.jpg
Adam Rippon and his family are gearing up for the holiday season. (courtesy of Adam Rippon)

By Lois Elfman, special to icenetwork.com

(12/20/2010)

- While U.S. men's competitor and two-time world junior champion Adam Rippon likes pretty much everything about living and training in Toronto, he freely admits he's yearning to spend some time at home in Clarks Summit, Penn., this holiday season.
美国男单选手、两届世青赛冠军Adam Rippon看似热爱多伦多的一切,包括训练和居住,但还是承认这个圣诞节会按惯例回家呆上一段时间,他的家乡,宾夕法尼亚州的Clarks Summit。

"To be honest, I'm craving to go home," Rippon says. "I miss home so much. I love where I am. I love Toronto. I love living here. I'm thankful to have found such a great apartment so close to the Cricket Club. But I miss being with my family, and I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas with them."
“说实话,我渴望回家,”Rippon说,“我太想家了。我热爱我的住处,热爱多伦多,喜欢住在这。我很幸运能找到离冰上俱乐部这么近的一处很棒的公寓。但我还是想念家人,期待和他们一起过圣诞节。”

A regular tradition in the Rippon household is to spend Christmas Eve at the home of one of his mother's sisters. His family is Irish, but his aunt's husband is Italian, so dinner is a traditional Italian Catholic feast of seven different fish dishes. Although not a fish lover, Rippon says everything she prepares is delicious.
Rippon家族的传统通常是在他妈妈的姐妹家过圣诞夜。他是爱尔兰裔,但他的姨夫是意大利人,所以晚宴就成了传统天主教意大利人的七种不同的鱼类大餐。尽管不爱吃鱼,Rippon仍然认为她的大餐很美味。

"On a normal Christmas there are about 30 to 40 people, but I think this year it might be close to 60 because my cousin is getting married the weekend before," Rippon says. "My Aunt Gail is the main chef of the whole dinner. She loves it and really looks forward to it every year. We, my aunts and uncles will bring a dish, but she does all the main courses. She's really into it, and she's really good at it."
“平时圣诞节会来30到40个人,但我想今年恐怕会有60个人,因为我表哥(姐?)上周结婚了,”Rippon说,“我姨妈Gail是整个晚宴的主厨。她很喜欢干这个,每年都很期待。我,姨妈和姨夫都会带一个菜,但她会准备全部主菜。她很投入,也很在行。”

Sometimes after dinner, a few people will head to Midnight Mass, but church is quite a distance away, so they don't go every year.
有时晚宴之后部分人会去做午夜弥撒,但教堂离得很远,所以不是每年都去。

Rippon, 21, is the oldest of six children (the youngest is 11), and this year he has thoroughly enjoyed buying presents for each of his siblings. There are no more Santa Claus believers, so no one stays up or waits for Santa's arrival. They all rise early on Christmas morning to open their gifts.
21岁的Rippon是六个孩子里最大的(最小的11岁),今年他很享受给弟妹们买礼物的过程。现在已经没人相信圣诞老人了,不会有人真的熬夜等他。他们会在圣诞节早早起床去打开礼物。

"This year, I've been able to earn my own money through skating in shows, so I can go and get gifts," he says. "I love getting gifts for my brothers and sisters. I'm obsessed with it this Christmas season, honestly."
“今年我表演挣了不少钱,能送礼了,”他说,“我喜欢给弟妹们买礼物。这个圣诞节我真的很充实。”

There are no special family rules for buying presents even though there are six kids. Everyone gets everyone else something.
尽管家里有六个孩子,买礼物方面倒是没什么特别的规矩。每个人都有得有送。

"My smaller brothers and sisters, at their school they have a day of Christmas shopping," Rippon says. "They can get little things, like key chains, so it only costs them $1 or $2. The little ones have an eraser for everybody or a little box of pens. So they can give everybody a small gift."
“我的小弟弟和小妹妹,他们学校有一天会出售圣诞礼物,”Rippon说,“他们卖些小东西,象钥匙圈之类的,只需要一两块钱,大家都买得起的小东西,或者一盒铅笔什么的。因此他们也能送每个人礼物。”

At press time, Rippon had finished all his shopping for his siblings but was either still pondering his mother's present or didn't want to reveal much information.
到发稿前为止,Rippon已经给弟妹们买好了所有礼物,但他还在思考给妈妈的礼物,也没有提供更多信息。

"I'm in the process of getting my mom something," he says. "I want to get something really big because my mom turned 50 this year (her birthday was the week after his). I did not get her a birthday present because I wanted to get her a big Christmas/birthday present. I want it to be special and something that she'll use."
“我正在想给妈妈买点什么,”他说,“我想买个重大些的礼物,因为她50岁了(她的生日在他之后一星期)。我没送她生日礼物,因为我想要给她买个重大的圣诞兼生日礼物。我想要个很特别的而且她能用上的东西。”

Amazingly, none of his siblings put in gift requests. They've left him to his own devices, "but I kind of know what everybody's into, so it wasn't too challenging," he says.
奇怪的是,他的弟妹们都没提出礼物的要求。他们让他自己决定,“我基本上能猜到他们每个人喜欢什么,所以这并不难,”他说。

There's joking that Rippon is now of legal drinking age, so he could be sampling the spiked eggnog these holidays. Although he'll have to produce identification because everybody thinks he's 16.
搞笑的是,Rippon如今到了法定饮酒年龄,所以能在过节期间随意畅饮。只是他得准备好身份证明,因为大家都认为他才16岁。

"Since my 21st birthday was during Skate America, I did not go out and have the time of my life before my short program," he jokes. "At the end of the competition, I was in the bar having dinner with my mom and my cousin, who lives on the West Coast and came to watch. All of a sudden, the waiter comes over and he said, 'The gentlemen over there bought you a drink.' Simon Shnapir and Jeremy Barrett bought me my first drink."
“我21岁的生日正好是在美国站期间,在短节目比赛前没时间到处走动,”他笑道。“比赛结束后,我和妈妈,还有住在西海岸特地过来看比赛的表哥,一起在酒吧吃饭。突然,服务生过来跟我说,‘那边的先生请你喝这杯酒,’Simon Shnapir 和 Jeremy Barrett(这两位也是选手)请我喝了我人生的第一杯酒。”

Rippon will be back in Toronto before New Year's Eve to continue training for the 2011 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
Rippon将在新年之前返回多伦多训练,继续为2011年全美锦标赛做准备。

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 人气 +1 收起 理由
gx010010 + 5 + 1 辛苦翻译

查看全部评分

楼主| dianaeve 发表于 2010-12-21 23:39:56 | 显示全部楼层
卷毛今天更新的日志

December 20, 2010
2010年12月20日

Everyone!
大家好!

I'm a few months into my season now and I thought it would be the perfect time to write a new journal entry.
这几个月我专注于我的比赛,现在我想是个合适的时间来更新我的日志了。

My last entry left off right before I was going to leave for my first event, Japan Open. I wrote a little blog about my experience there but if you didn't have the chance to read it, I'll talk about it again. The Japan Open is a pro-am team competition (Team North America, Japan, and Europe). I was really excited to get the season underway. When I went out to skate my program I just did what I do every day in practice. It was exactally the way I wanted to open up my season. Just to be in an event with three Olympic medallists was an honor but to win the free skate was very cool. With my debut competition behind me, it was finally time to start the Grand Prixes!
上次的日志结束时,我正要去参加我的第一项赛事,日本公开赛。我写了一篇关于那次比赛的短博客,如果你们没看到,我就再说说。日本公开赛是地区队伍之间的比赛(北美队,日本队和欧洲队)。赛季开始了我非常兴奋。我在比赛中滑出了每天训练中的水平。那是赛季开始的最好方法。跟三位奥运会奖牌获得者同场竞技是我的荣幸,赢得自由滑比赛更是酷毕了。在这次赛季首秀之后,大奖赛就要开始了!

My first event was Skate Canada. A few days before I had to leave the unthinkable happened, well, the unthinkable for a skater happened. I got sick. I did everything I could to deny the fact that I couldn't breath but I just had to face facts. Why is getting sick so difficult for an athlete? Not only is it hard because you feel tired, sick, and like lying in bed all day watching your favorite episodes of South Park and Family Guy instead of going to practice.
It's hard because we are so limited in what medicines we are allowed to take. We have to rely on pretty mild cough and cold remedies no matter the severity of the cold. I was doing everything I could to get healthy and I knew at that point, the only thing I could do was to rely on the training I had done before the competition and just focus on my job ahead.
我的第一项赛事是加拿大站。在出发前的几天发生了一点麻烦,其实对滑冰选手来说也是常有的事。我病了。我尽力否认没法呼吸的事实,可最后还是得面对它。生病对于运动员来说为什么就这么难?不仅是感觉疲劳,难受,只能放弃训练,一整天躺在床上看最喜欢的剧集《南方公园》和《家有好男》,更主要是大部分药物都不能吃。我们只能吃药力很弱的咳嗽感冒药,不管有多难受。我尽一切努力恢复健康,我明白,在这个时刻我能做的就是依靠赛前的训练,集中精力对付比赛。

When I arrived to Kingston with tissues in hand, I really wasn't feeling my best. I didn't know what I was going to do. I even, as embarrassing and dramatic as this is, looked at myself in the mirror at least three or four times and asked myself "How am I going to do this?" There was one pivotal moment when I started to feel fight in me again; getting in a bad crash with fellow skater, Patrick Chan. It was the 20 minute warm up before our short program, I was skating backwards doing some warm up jumps (walleys) and Patrick was doing foot-work. I jumped up for my last walley and I heard the
audience gasp (!!!) and I thought for the one second in the air, "I wonder what that's about." BAM! We collided while I was midair, I flipped over his shoulder and onto my face and my shoulder. If you haven't seen this crash on youtube yet, it's pretty exciting. In that moment, I was smacked into reality. I rushed over to make sure Patrick was okay and then went over to Brian to just stand and catch my breath and give my head a minute to stop spinning. I was back in fighting mode.
我到达Kingston时手里还捏着纸巾,能感觉到这绝不是我的最佳状态。我不知事态会怎么发展。我甚至尴尬又神经质地看着镜子至少三四次,还问自己“这下可怎么办?”可是当我跟一同比赛的选手陈围裙很严重地相撞之后,我的斗志反而回来了。这事发生在短节目前的20分钟热身里,我正在后退中准备做热身跳跃(walley后内点冰转体),围裙正在做步法。我最后一个walley刚起跳,就听见观众惊呼起来(!!!)我在空中还想了一秒钟,“弄不懂他们在叫啥。”乓!我人还在半空中就和他相撞了,我从他肩上翻了过去,脸和肩膀着地。要是你们没在油管看到过,去看看。可刺激了。就在那会,我回到现实了。我赶快爬起来去看看围裙有没有事,然后到Brian(教练BO)那里,只是站着喘气,让转晕了的脑袋赶紧停下来。于是我回到了战斗状态。

I skated a strong short and a solid long. I was very proud of myself and of my skating. That crash was a real wake up call. With my first Grand Prix out of the way, I was so excited to go home, regain my strength, and get ready for Skate America.
我的短节目和自由滑都不错。我对自己的表现很自豪。那次事故就像个叫醒电话。带着第一个大奖赛的成果,我很高兴地回家了,恢复了体力,准备去参加美国站。

Heading into Skate America, I knew I had trained well. This event was during my birthday. Before I go any further, I really have to thank all the fans who wished me happy birthday. It really was a very special day. My short program wasn't my best and my long program was just a disaster. I haven't ever skated that badly, even in practice. My initial reaction to my skate was "Oh my god. Did I just skate like that? What happened?" It truly was an "out of body" experience. When I went out to skate my long program I didn't feel 100% over my feet so I told myself to fight for everything. Well, I did "fight" but a little too hard and in the wrong ways. I rushed my jumps, made silly mistakes I would usually never make, and by the time it was over it was too late to tell myself to just relax and skate. I would much rather learn this lesson at a Grand Prix than a bigger event. It's a lesson that every skater has to learn. It's putting too much stress on yourself, and not being able to go out and skate freely.
对于美国站来说,我的训练状态还是挺好的。这次赛事刚好撞上我的生日。首先我得好好感谢所有给我生日祝福的粉丝们。那真是个特殊的日子。我的短节目不是最好,自由滑更是一场灾难。我从没滑得那么糟糕过,即使训练中也没有过。它给我的最直接反应是“OMG,我真的滑成那样了?出什么事了?”真是一次“灵魂出窍”的体验。在自由滑之前我的脚感不是100%的好,因此我让自己一定要用力拼。结果,我“拼”过头了,错误了。跳跃空了,犯了一些从未犯过的错误,很快节目就结束了,那时再对自己说“只要放松好好滑”已经太晚了。当然在大奖赛上受到挫折总比在更大的赛事上好。这种教训每个滑冰选手都需要吸取,我给自己施加了太大压力,反而不能正常地表现了。

To be honest, it's actually been a blessing to have some extra time between events. I have been able to regroup and refocus. I've also had some time to change a few things up. I recently took a trip to New York City to visit my costume designer, Stephanie Handler, and we're working on a "new and improved" Romeo costume. I loved the costume I skated in early this season but I think a little change in costume will bring out a different side of the choreography. I'll keep you all updated, I promise!
说实话,在赛事之间能得到额外的时间休息是挺好的事儿。我可以重新振奋,集中精力。我有机会修改部分内容。最近我去了趟纽约,跟我的服装师Stephanie Handler会面,我们要做一件“新的更好的”罗密欧服装。我喜欢这个赛季用过的那件服装,但我想做点小小的改动,能更好地体现编舞内容。我保证会及时告诉你们这些情况!

To all my fans, Thank you all for your love and support. Thank you for going through these ups and downs and sticking with me. I will be working very hard for you all to see me at my best. Now that I'm 21, I feel much wiser. I'm already looking forward to the next time you'll see me. I'll be back and better than ever (I hope) :) :P
我的粉丝们,感谢你们的爱和支持。感谢你们坚持陪着我度过这些起伏。我会为你们刻苦训练,拿出最佳表现。现在我已经21岁了,变得明智一些了。我很期待下次和你们的相见。我会以最好的状态回到赛场(希望如此):P

Thank you all for reading and have a great holiday season!
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! :) XOXO
感谢大家看我的文,过个好节!
圣诞快乐,新年快乐! XOXO

Let's make 2011 the best yet!
2011年会是最好的!

All my love,

Adam Rippon

评分

参与人数 2体力 +10 人气 +2 收起 理由
sharewang + 5 + 1 还是流水账最好看
gx010010 + 5 + 1 话痨弟重出江湖

查看全部评分