[消息] [转帖]Weir:没有4周我也能赢

[复制链接]
草珊瑚 发表于 2004-12-4 11:16:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

来自 http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2004/12/03/764370-ap.html

其实标题有点夸张...但小W还是很自信地...

------------

Weir proving he can win without quad
By SALVATORE ZANCA

PARIS (AP) - Johnny Weir is learning a little Russian. More importantly, he's learning to land quads.

When Weir travels to Moscow next March for the world figure skating championships, he hopes to have a quadruple jump in his arsenal to make him more competitive against world champion Evgeni Plushenko. Not that Weir is doing badly without one. He became the top American man ever in the Grand Prix series with two wins and a second this season. Todd Eldredge previously had two victories several times.

Weir, 20, heads to the Grand Prix final in Beijing Dec. 16-19 as one of the favourites, because Plushenko did not participate in enough GP meets to qualify.

Weir also will go to the U.S. championships in Portland, Ore., in January as the defending champ.

"I have the best record so far this year for the American skaters. It's been definitely the year for Canadian and American skaters," Weir said. "It's nice to see that there are new names coming up on top of the leaderboard, and as one of those names I'm very comfortable going into U.S. nationals and world championships."

It hasn't been easy for Weir, who lacked an international reputation in the figure skating world before this year.

"I still feel I'm proving myself to international judges," Weir said. "I really haven't been out that much."

It showed at the world championships in Germany last March, where he had to rally to finish fifth overall.

After winning the world junior title in 2001, Weir had inconsistent years, including a failure to finish at the 2003 nationals - where he clipped the boards and hurt his back barely 23 seconds into the free program. That forced him to work through the regional qualifying ranks for the 2003-2004 season.

In January in Atlanta, he became the first skater since Rudy Galindo in 1996 to take the national title after qualifying in sectionals. A superb performance marked by graceful landings helped him become the youngest skater since 1991 to win the U.S. men's title at 19 years, six months.

After struggling with a foot injury early this season, Weir came back to win at the NHK Trophy in Nagoya, Japan, beating two former U.S. champions, Tim Goebel and Michael Weiss.

Then came a victory over the European champion, Brian Joubert of France, at the Trophee Bompard in Paris.

He lost to Plushenko at the Cup of Russia last week, stumbling out of two jumps and referring to his performance as a "koshmar" - the Russian word for nightmare. He even complimented t

catain 发表于 2004-12-4 19:44:00 | 显示全部楼层
小W就是这样一个自信自主又个性的孩子,所以我们就是如此的喜欢他。
鱼类 发表于 2004-12-7 11:06:00 | 显示全部楼层
我觉得,没有四周跳,就意味着在自己完美发挥的情况下,还要寄希望于对手的失误。加油吧,希望他早日把四周跳这个动作练成熟。

清清山泉 发表于 2004-12-7 12:46:00 | 显示全部楼层
虽然weir把滑冰看作展现自己艺术魅力的表演,但我还是希望自己的偶像在比赛中获胜,所以很希望他练好四周跳,技术艺术俱佳,拿世界冠军,奥运会冠军。也许他自己都不这么渴望,但所有爱他的冰迷可能都十分渴望这一时刻吧。
carly 发表于 2006-3-31 18:08:00 | 显示全部楼层
我觉得他是很想得冠军的,不然也不回没有牌子就地滑冰没热情了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表