kurt大叔真的太美好了,这次看雅姿迷上他了!

点评

同,kurt叔太可爱了!  发表于 2012-7-1 11:41

评分

参与人数 1人气 +1 收起 理由
plumluvzhenya + 1 O(∩_∩)O哈哈~

查看全部评分

pilabaji 发表于 2012-6-20 17:11:29 | 显示全部楼层
kurt大叔宝刀不老啊,第一次看到他的singing in the rain就迷上了这个老男人啦,这家伙的创造力无与伦比啊~~其实我一直觉得他就该是裙裙努力的方向嘛~~上次来的两套EX都很有kurt大叔的风格啊:moondance和dont worry be happy,我开始喜欢上裙裙的理由啊

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 人气 +1 收起 理由
plumluvzhenya + 5 + 1 我很赞同,小陈应该成为Kurt叔这样的花滑人.

查看全部评分

鱼类 发表于 2012-7-17 09:47:43 | 显示全部楼层

Kurt Browning: "I just don't think that skating should be predictable."

July 15, 2012
By Tina Tyan
Photos  Tina Tyan, Suzie Herrmann, & Skate Oakville

Part 1

In June 2012, Kurt Browning turned 46. In the year leading up to that birthday, he's performed in some 45 shows around the world, co-hosted Battle of the Blades, commentated all the major skating events for Canadian network CBC, taught a few seminars, and choreographed and directed two different skating tours. He's promoted Red Rose Tea's Share the Warmth campaign, painted an Angry Bird for charity, released a children's book, T is for Tutu, that he co-authored with his wife (ballet dancer Sonia Rodriguez), judged a round of the Young Artists' Showcase, and played in a few charity golf tournaments, all while raising two young boys.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say that almost 20 years after turning pro, four-time World champion (1989-91, 1993) Kurt Browning is busier than ever. You don't have to get very far into a conversation with him to understand why. The Canadian skater overflows with energy, and he channels that energy into a passionate commitment to his sport.

Every now and then, Kurt has the opportunity to share his passion for skating with young skaters through seminars. Rather than trying to break things down technically, his seminars are designed to make kids appreciate their skating more and to step onto the ice with a greater consciousness of what they are doing.

"What I think is lacking, especially in skating in the ladies' event in Canada, is the joy. They're so hung up on what they're doing, and they're not doing that well. And I want the younger kids - if there are some out there who have a chance to compete - I want them to remember that it's supposed to be fun," he said.

Kurt believes that it is especially important for kids to enjoy their skating due to the sacrifices that they or their family often have to make for it.

He emphasizes to the kids in his seminars: "Hardly any of you guys are gonna ever get to compete at a high level. So it's even more important that you enjoy your own skating, and that you've given up the party, or you gave up that dress, or your parents gave up that extra car - whatever! Something was given up for you to learn how to do that single Axel. So you need to respect how hard it was to get that Axel. And have fun landing it! And enjoy your skating!"

A crucial part of that respect and enjoyment is awareness, of stepping out onto the ice with a desire to push yourself a little more, to try something a little different, to make each session special.

"How are you going to get better if you never try and curve a little bit more? [Ice dancer/choreographer] Shae-Lynn Bourne gets on the ice and every single day I watch her creating something new or just...she's curious. Kids are not curious about their skating. They're so happy to just be the same as they were yesterday," he said. "And I'm like, NO, let's tilt your arms. Tilt your arms, tilt your arms further! Bend your knees! WHOA! Did you ever think that you could do that?' And everyone's like, ‘I didn't really think I could do that!' It's because you nevertried!"

Ultimately, he says, "My seminars are about [bringing out] the joy and the fun and the self-recognition in their skating."
As skaters rise in the competitive ranks and get more involved in the sport, challenges can arise. Figure skating demands a lot of time and sacrifice from young skaters and puts them in the position of being judged time and time again. They may have to give up many "regular" kid activities to pursue their goals. However, Kurt believes the benefits of participating in figure skating far outweigh the negatives.
Being judged constantly in competitive settings impacts the self-esteem of kids, but so does every day high school life, he says. Kids are constantly in situations where they question themselves, be it "somebody snickering you at the hallway in high school" or "I'm sorry, but he went and picked her to dance with him instead of me!" or "she's got a nicer shirt." He believes there are important lessons to be learned from competition.

"I hate to say it, but I think we're a little bit too much like, 'ok, we're going to go to school, and we're going to play, and everyone gets a medal!' No. Everyone doesn't get a medal. The first three people get medals, everyone else lost. And the kids need to learn that when it's your turn to have a moment, then it's special!" he said. "You work hard, you find something you're good at, you really worship and respect the integrity of the work that went into it, and then you win a medal. And it's finally your turn. Or you never win a medal, and it teaches you to appreciate something else. Life is not going to give you nice things, so you have to go take it!"

He's not worried that young skaters will lose balance in their lives by not being able to participate in "regular" everyday activities.
"How many kids are replacing the hours and hours of kids who go into sports with something that's as good as sports, to teach you how to lose, teach you how to win, how to show up at 7:00, how to be responsible to your coach, to your parents, to the other kids around you, to be a teammate, to stand up by yourself, all these things!" he said. "So I think, yeah you will miss out on things. I did. But, because I loved what I was doing, I was given two-fold back."

One of the biggest challenges skaters face as they mature is increased self-consciousness and self-awareness. Younger children are often better performers because they generally don't suffer from an overabundance of self-consciousness. But as they grow older, even a gregarious, outgoing personality like Kurt's can be hampered by too much self-awareness, even after years of performing.

"The first year as a world title holder, I couldn't tie my shoes. I just thought everyone was staring at me. And a year before that I wanted everyone to stare at me. 'For God's sake, there's someone in the corner, I don't think that they saw me! I'd better do another triple Axel, make sure they saw it'," he laughed. "It was because I thought World champions didn't make mistakes, because the ones that I saw were all gods. When you won Worlds, you were Brian Orser [2-time Olympic silver medalist, 1987World champion], or you know, Russians, strange people. They won Worlds, not me."

Learning to deal with self-awareness is an inevitable part of life, and Kurt believes that figure skating gives kids the strength to do so in other parts of their life.
"I tell skaters that if you can stand at center ice, and waitfor music and dance to the music on skinny little blades wearing something that your mother made for you...if you can get through that, there ain't much else left out there that's gonna intimidate you," he said.
Even so, "I'm 20 years as a professional and self-awareness happens to me all the time. I skate 8 nights in a row with one or two little mistakes and then I have a really bad night because I didn't do it naturally, I did it trying to force it. It's that extra turn of a screw when you force it and you break the screw head off...So self-awareness can kill you. And then you have to get used to it. Because it's part of life, and it's great."

These days, Kurt has the chance to watch competitive skaters go through those moments of self-awareness up close, as a commentator for CBC. As a result, he often gets questioned about things that happen in competition, particularly regarding scoring system-related controversies. While he doesn't think the current scoring system is perfect, he does believe it lends credibility to the sport as a sport, and is better in many ways from a competitor's standpoint.

Some people complain about skaters who make multiple mistakes in their programs, but still score high or even win. Kurt likens the way skaters can accumulate points, offsetting the mistakes they make, to the scoring in any other sport.

"Like any sport, if you capitalize on the right moment, there you are," he said. "You are in the right place at the right time; you are buying yourself the ability to have mistakes later. 'They got scored on *three* times in the last five minutes!' Yeah, but they got 7 goals before that so who cares."

One of the biggest improvements the current scoring system has made, in Kurt's opinion, is that it gives skaters the chance to come from behind and still succeed.

"We need to have a way for these athletes to feel that they have a chance. And I love, absolutely love that you're in 6th place and you're looking at 8 points away, and now you're thinking...'I can get to 2nd'. In my generation, that was an impossibility. So, what do you like more? I personally think that it's really important that you can come 8th and still be, depending on how close you are to 1st, able to have a shot at [it]", he said.

From a viewer's perspective, though, he does acknowledge that the system doesn't reward moments as well as the old system, and understands why fans may be frustrated when a skater's performance captures the crowd or the night, but doesn't win the competition.

"I'm a romantic," he said, "so I rarely think about the points that much while I'm commentating or while I'm trying to be a fan or while I'm trying to enjoy a skater or a competition... I want to be moved by somebody."
鱼类 发表于 2012-7-17 09:49:01 | 显示全部楼层

Part 2

As a commentator and mentor, Kurt Browning has insight and sympathyinto being a viewer of skating, but at heart he is still very much a performer. In recent years, he has toured in Europe and Asia, as well as in cities across the US and Canada. In just the last year, his schedule has taken him from South Korea to Japan to China. He has found the experience of skating outside of North America to be very rewarding.

"To go to Europe is... I mean, they have their special people, and we have our special people that we love and respect and are our generation of skaters that we look up to, and so do they. So if you can go there and leave an impression in someone else's backyard, it's pretty cool," he said."And then, just simply put - when you go to Asia, it's crazy fun because the audience is such a different feeling. And to have fans waiting for you to get on the bus? It's like time travel for me, it's like going back 15 years in time...it's fun!" he laughed. "When Geoffrey [Tyler] and I went to Korea, it was nuts. It was an experience. I said, you do something for 20 years, you think you've pretty much felt what everything feels like, but skating in front of those audiences those three days was really cool. We were floating every night. Just floating home."For the last 3 years, Kurt has been a co-host on Battle of the Blades, the hit CBC show pairing hockey players and figure skaters. Despite great ratings and positive buzz, CBC placed Battle of the Blades on hiatus this year due to major budget cuts. Kurt wasn't surprised that this happened."I knew it wasn't going to come back because CBC was making huge cuts, and it's a very expensive show, so even though the numbers were really good, I kind of knew in my gut that it wasn't going to get - it's just too expensive," he said.

Co-hosting TV shows, touring around the world, teaching seminars, and commentating figure skating all have been a fairly regular part of Kurt Browning's schedule for years. In 2011, however, Kurt took on a whole new venture, choreographing and co-directing not one, but two full touring shows, Celebration on Ice and Stars on Ice, with his good friend, actor/musician Geoffrey Tyler.In typical Kurt fashion, the fact that he ended up choreographing two shows wasn't particularly planned.
Celebration on Ice more or less came about due to Kurt texting producer Jean-Michel Bombardier on impulse in the midst of a conversation with Geoffrey. Kurt and Geoffrey had been talking and coming up with some fun ideas, which moved Kurt to ask Jean-Michel who the choreographer for Celebration on Ice was going to be. When the original choreographer, Brian Orser, couldn't do the show, Jean-Michel called Kurt up and offered him the job. Kurt accepted it as a joint venture with Geoffrey.

"It was actually great because we learned a lot about how to work together. And so it helped us to do Stars to do that. But it was LONG hours. Really long, long hours on the ice at the Granite Club. Like, we'd do 8 hours of choreography and writing notes, and the beer afterwards would taste so good. But we loved it. He loves to create, and I guess I do, too, and we made a Christmas show that was really unusual, and the skaters had a blast, and the people were kind of surprised to see the live music mixed in and the casualness."While Celebration on Ice more or less fell in Kurt's lap, doingStars on Ice was a more considered decision.
He explained, "I had ideas of doing my own tour and decided not to, but I still got that itch to choreograph something. And I thought, if it is the end of my career, it would be nice if I could control it, which would mean doing Singing in the Rain again. Maybe skating to Supertramp finally, which I'd been wanting to do since the mid-90s. Not as a solo, but as a group. I thought, you know, there's only one way that's going to happen, and that's if I'm the boss. So I thought when I got the job - when they gave me the job - that it would be a one-time deal, that I would just choreograph Stars and do my ideas. Then that didn't happen 'cause the choreography time was too short, and we had no title sponsor. So I had to come up with a new show. Now, maybe next year, I'll do it again. I have to decide, we'll see. But it seems like they want me back, so that's good."That consciousness of coming towards the end of his career has driven a lot of Kurt's decision making in recent years."I've really kept myself busy on purpose. I took a lot of work. A lot because it's at the end of my career, so I'm enjoying skating. I don't know if my knee will hurt, or if I just decide that's it, or it's time for me to cut back... so I've said I'll do those shows. And I'm going to China because I've never been there!" he said. "So, I'm too busy. Way too busy. This year's the first spring/ summer of my life where I've really got to think about, all right, what am I going to do about my skating career. Do I see an end to it, or how do I want to finish it?"

He continued, "It wouldn't be my swan song 'cause, as [former Stars on Ice choreographer] Michael Seibert once said, who knows, maybe Disney wants you to play the Wicked Witch, you know? Or the Evil Sorcerer... You don't want to say that you're retired in case something like that comes up. It would be fun if Ashley Wagner won Worlds and said, 'would you be the Old Man in the Mountain in my TV special?' Right on! So I don't want to quit, because I want to be open to options."Even if he doesn't quit, Kurt Browning will eventually have to scale back on actively performing. He doesn't have a clear cut plan on where he wants to take his career from that point."I love kids, and my seminars are a lot of fun. So if I could figure out a way to bring that into my life, then I will. And I hope that I commentate for as long as people want to listen to it or as long as it feels right," he said.Despite his past choreography work for solo skaters and current role as main choreographer on the Stars on Ice tour, Kurt doesn't envision choreography as his full time career.

"I don't want to be a choreographer. I want to be a part of skating, but... you know, to work like [choreographers] David Wilson or Lori Nichol or even Jeffrey Buttle is working so hard right now, doing a lot of choreography... I don't see myself as that person. And even my role as choreographer within Stars on Ice, I would gladly be co-choreographer and let someone else take the lead. I think it's important that it's not the same person for 8 years in a row," he explained. "I'd like to stay in choreography, but I don't think I think of myself as a choreographer. I'm somebody who has something to offer, and in the right environment, I do a very good job. But it has to be the right environment, and it's not something that I'm going to do as a living. It's not my goal."He is open, however, to being a part of a creative team, or pitching ideas for ensemble numbers, or working on particularly interesting challenges."(Yuzuru) Hanyu is coming to work with Brian Orser. And so they've asked me if I can choreograph an exhibition number for him. I'm like, that's a challenge. All right, yes, I'd like to do that! So that's the kind of thing that I'd like to do to stay in touch with skating when I don't perform anymore. And TV specials. I miss TV specials. I love making TV specials. I wish we had money so I could be the Wicked Witch. The cross-dressing Wicked Witch. I would love that!"

Whatever he ends up doing in his career, fans should likely expect the unexpected."I just don't think that skating should be predictable. I don't like when people go, 'Ladies and gentlemen, Kurt Browning', and you sit there, and you already know what you're going to get. I've always hated that."For the next while, at least, Kurt plans on relaxing for a bit. When asked what his plans were for the summer, Kurt said: "I don't know. I have a 10-year project, that my wife calls it, and it involves the little bit of land around our cottage. [It] has all these rock piles from when they cleared the land 100 years ago for pasture. And they're not pretty to look at. One of my favorite things, like some women like shoes - I like rock walls. Whenever I get to a city, I don't know, I just really love rock walls. So I'm building my own rock walls all over the cottage. I get up at 5 in the morning, and I go out and put on music, and I just build. And come September, I'm always pretty cut because I've been lifting rocks all summer. And so this summer, I plan on putting more rocks on top of each other. Teaching my kids how to rollerblade. And diving into a lake as much as I can."Note: this interview was conducted in mid-May. Kurt has evidently decided not to hang up his skates quite yet, as he is now set to compete for the first time in six years at the Medal Winners Open in October. Best of luck to him!
CarlaS 发表于 2012-7-17 10:57:51 | 显示全部楼层
I'm yours看完让人心情很high
鱼类 发表于 2012-7-17 11:55:03 | 显示全部楼层

happywong 发表于 2012-7-17 16:14:59 | 显示全部楼层
西装-背心-衬衫-T恤,怎么脱都是你的{:soso_e120:}
鱼类 发表于 2012-7-24 18:42:24 | 显示全部楼层

鱼类 发表于 2012-9-28 10:55:08 | 显示全部楼层

Kurt Browning returns to the world of competitive skating

Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 | 10:32 AM

Hey figure skating fans, you too Dads, this is my first stab at writing here at CBCSports.ca.  

Skating has taken me on a different path this summer. To be straightforward, it means I am back in training. Well, sort of.

My professional career has not had any competitive events in quite a few years, but that will change with a unique competition in Japan called the Medal Winners Open. It has forced me to be more organized about my summer training.

To be honest, I sometimes do not even have summer training, but this is a little different and deserves attention, especially because I am performingSinging in The Rain after 17 years.  

I went seven weeks in early summer without being on the ice, but I have been skating since Aug 5 at the Granite Club in Toronto and taking regular lessons with Doug Haw. Doug was able to get Brian Orser to land a triple axel at the age of 40 and that little bit of magic was enough for me.  

Doug has been amazing and our goal is to be the best I can for this competition. This event has an emphasis on the artistic side, so it is bound to be fun.  

I had a dream of doing a triple axel but just did not believe in myself enough and had to put it aside to focus on everything else.  When I am doing Singing in The Rain with the hat, jacket and especially the umbrella the triple axel was not going to happen.  At first, it was hard to do even the double axel, but eventually the jumps started working with all the gear.  

The event is being run under the ISU (International Skating Union) which means I will be judged for the first  time under the new system.  It is not totally the same system they use at Worlds, not even close, but just a taste of the demands on the skaters at that level has been an eye opener for me. More on that later.

So, I leave next week for this event and will check in with you along the way. Here is the list of my competitors and as you can see it is an exciting list.

• http://www.cbc.ca/i/sports/v11/gfx/bullet.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; line-height: 1.2em; background-position: 0px 5px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Jeffrey Buttle
  • http://www.cbc.ca/i/sports/v11/gfx/bullet.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; line-height: 1.2em; background-position: 0px 5px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Phillippe Candelero
  • http://www.cbc.ca/i/sports/v11/gfx/bullet.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; line-height: 1.2em; background-position: 0px 5px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Takeshi Honda
  • http://www.cbc.ca/i/sports/v11/gfx/bullet.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; line-height: 1.2em; background-position: 0px 5px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Ilia Kulik
  • http://www.cbc.ca/i/sports/v11/gfx/bullet.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; line-height: 1.2em; background-position: 0px 5px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Alexeie Yagudin

I look forward to an exciting event and a wonderful season.Personally, I love the fact that I am finally doing Singing in The Rain again. It was only performed once in a CBC-TV special almost two decades ago and this Sandra Bezic jewel needs to be seen.

This version will be much different than what you can see on YouTube because of the rules, but I am proud of what Doug and I put together. When I perform it again on Stars On Ice it will change a bit yet again. 

This season is also interesting because it is like Saturday at a golf tournament, this is the moving year. If a skater is going to make a stand, it has to be now. 

There truly is so much to look forward to, but for now I need to get on my bike and head over to the Granite Club to continue my training. Not used to saying this, but my coach is expecting me.  

Talk soon.....  Kurt

鱼类 发表于 2012-9-28 10:57:52 | 显示全部楼层
布郞宁准备复出参加一个在日本举行的叫Medal Winners Open的比赛. @pooool @凤求凰
鱼类 发表于 2012-9-28 11:03:27 | 显示全部楼层

Cindy 发表于 2012-11-28 19:01:03 | 显示全部楼层
2012 KOI Kurt Browning-Singing In The Rain

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表