Ht:  5'9"  
Olympics:  2006  

————————————————————————————

Career highlights: 2008 World bronze medalist, three-time U.S. Champion

2009-10 Music
Short Program: I Love You, I Hate You by Raul DiBlasio
Free Slate: Fallen Angels by various artists

Looking back: 2009
The sole U.S. skater to win a medal, a bronze, at the 2008 Worlds, Johnny started off his 2008-09 season strongly and smoothly, finishing second in both of his Grand Prix assignments and taking the bronze medal at the Grand Prix Final. One week after returning from Seoul, Johnny flew back to South Korea to skate in world champion Kim Yu-Na's benefit show. There, he contracted a stomach virus and though he made it through the show, spent Christmas day hooked up to an IV. The illness caused him to lose eight or nine pounds, he says, and it left him so weak that he was unable to properly train until three weeks before the 2009 U.S. Nationals, where he finished fifth and was not selected for the world championships team. As a result, he quit the sport for more than a month before his mother encouraged him to return.

Torino
Second after his short program set to The Swan (his red glove played the part of the swan's beak, which Johnny nicknamed ‘Camille' and served as fodder for the movie Blades of Glory), Johnny became an instant media darling and found his name and picture splashed across newspapers and magazines across the globe. After dropping to fifth in the free skate, Johnny explained his performance by saying that he had missed the bus to the arena and that his "aura was black," prompting a second round of headlines, this time less favorable. Johnny says that he's learned that the mainstream media won't always understand him and that he can't let it affect him. "I won't say, ‘Oh, my god. I was in People magazine today,' ‘Oh, my god, I was on the cover of the New York Times today.' That won't affect me because I've lived through it and it's done," Johnny says. "Now I know it's not as important as what I actually produce on the ice." After returning to the U.S., Johnny says he received a lot of what he calls "hateful" mail, including some death threats.

Russian Soul
Fanatic about all things Russian, Johnny names Moscow as his favorite city and he's loved equally in return. "I need bodyguards to leave the ice rink," he says. "People chase taxis." Restaurants and stores in Russia give him perks and discounts and he received the entire Russian Olympic uniform from BoscoSport, its manufacturer. Johnny taught himself Russian - he's now fluent - and communicates with his coaches in Russian.. He's surrounded by so much Russian language that he says that sometimes the only English he hears is at Starbucks or from phone calls at the end of the day from his mother, Patti. Johnny's Russian love began in elementary school, when he repeatedly borrowed a book on the Soviet Union from the school's library, intrigued by a "mysterious" place so far away from his childhood home in Pennsylvania. He'd imagined Russia to be a "very grey, very sad" place, but that perception was shattered during his first visit, he says, when he felt the life and energy in Moscow. Johnny has been to Russia "more times than I can count," and has been told he skates like a Russian, something he considers to be the utmost in compliments. Johnny's love of all things Russian has extended to treating tendonitis by wrapping his leg overnight in a bandage filled with honey and cabbage, and later to treat a foot injury with a duck fat concoction. Johnny showed up to practice sessions at the 2006 Games wearing a jacket emblazoned with a CCCP logo, a gift from a Russian friend and names Torino bronze medalist Irina Slutskaya as his favorite sports figure.

Fashion'ice'ta
Behind Russia, fashion is Johnny's second love. He's a clotheshorse with his own sense of style and is rarely spotted without a pair of designer sunglasses (Louis Vuitton is among his favorites) and Balenciaga bag in tow. "Every day's a costume," he quips. "I'm always too much." He's walked runways, appeared in print campaigns and designs his own costumes. "We decide on a character and then I go from there," he says. "Even if it's just a sketch of a bird, I can find inspiration from that and, and put it onto the paper and it turns into a costume." Johnny also styled his New Jersey apartment, complete with reindeer pelts and animal tusks. He plans to enroll at New York City's Fashion Institute of Technology after he retires from competitive skating so he can "conquer the world through fashion."

Be good, Johnny
A media magnet, Johnny sometimes gets as much attention for his remarks to the press than as he does for his skating. He once explained how he'd gone from feeling like pond scum prior to an event (due to nerves and pressure) to feeling like a flower growing out of the pond, he's corrected a writer from USA Today who wrote about him wearing a boa the previous day: "That was a scarf, not a boa - dead chinchilla, not feathers" and has made a few comments that ruffled the feathers of U.S. Figure Skating officials, who said they would have another talk with him after he compared the audience's reaction to his program and to another skater's this way: "This one they kind of sat back and had their cognac and cigarettes and relax. His was more like a vodka shot, let's snort coke kind of thing." Johnny says that while he understands U.S. Figure Skating's concern, he will continue to speak his mind, and when asked if, as a role model for young skaters, he should reconsider, he explained: "I don't think there should be one role model for all kids. I want to be a role model for kids who feel different and stifled, kids that I was like, kids who feel like they can't say what they want...I'm not for everyone."

How it all began
At age nine, Johnny watched Oksana Baiul win the 1994 Olympic gold medal and was entranced by her "beauty and fireworks," eschewing the off-ice drama between Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan. He was inspired by Baiul, and taught himself the basics of the sport by watching her, first on roller skates in his basement and then outside, where he skated among frozen cornstalks. Though he began skating relatively late, Johnny quickly outgrew group lessons, learning an Axel in one day and later, after working on it for just two weeks, landed his first double Axel.

简要翻译

职业生涯主要战绩
2008年世锦赛铜牌,04-06年三届全美锦标赛冠军

2009-10赛季节目
短节目:我爱你,我恨你 by Raul DiBlasio
自由滑:堕落天使 by various artists

2009大事纪
2008年初——在当届世锦赛为美国队获得唯一奖牌;
2008年末——参加韩国Yuna Kim公益演出时染病(肠胃炎),圣诞节在医院中吊针度过;
2009年初——前提到大病令其体重骤降8-9磅,因过于虚弱,至09全美开赛前三周方得正常训练。最终在09全美仅获第五,失去参加该年世锦赛资格。之后一个多月都无勇气上冰,直至其母鼓励,才重返冰场。
都灵冬奥会:
节目——红手套被取名“卡米尔”,并成为YY片《荣誉之刃》灵感,一时成为各大媒体焦点;
名次——仅列第五,借口“误了开往赛地的班车”、“走了背运”使其再上各版头条。
媒体——自称不受主流媒体待见,也不稀罕被他们待见:“上了《人物》、《纽约时代》等又如何?”
结局——回到米国后收到无数“憎恨邮件”,其中不乏死亡威胁。

都灵冬奥会
节目——红手套被取名“卡米尔”,并成为YY片《荣誉之刃》灵感,一时成为各大媒体焦点;
名次——仅列第五,借口“误了开往赛地的班车”、“走了背运”使其再上各版头条。
媒体——自称不受主流媒体待见,也不稀罕被他们待见:“上了《人物》、《纽约时代》等又如何?”
结局——回到米国后收到无数“憎恨邮件”,其中不乏死亡威胁。

俄罗斯情结
城市——称莫斯科为其最喜爱城市,俄人民也同样领情:“在俄比赛,没保镖都出不了门......俄MM们跟着俺的taxi跑”;
购物——在俄烧瓶捞外快,打折不算还白送(Bosco体育赠其整套俄罗斯奥运代表团装备)。
俄语——自学成材,具良好的语言环境,连和教练都用俄语交流:“似乎只有在星巴克喝咖啡时,和在晚上妈妈打电话过来时才能听到英语了......”;
文化——自幼喜爱俄罗斯文化,小学生时不断从校图书馆借阅关于苏俄书籍,为此万里之谣的“神秘”国度所吸引。起先以为俄罗斯为“悲惨阴郁”之国,但去过一次后便彻底改观,且之后一发而不可收拾。有人称其滑行风格颇似俄罗斯人,被其视为对自己的最高褒奖。
泡妞——T巫婆赠CCCP运动服;Slutskaya为其最喜爱之运动员;
其他——爱屋及乌,因喜爱俄罗斯,连伤病也用俄罗斯土法医治:以塞满蜂蜜和卷心菜的绷带缠腿整夜治跟腱炎;涂鸭油治脚伤。

时尚
穿衣打扮——风格独特,LV太阳镜及巴黎世家拉杆箱从不离身:“每天都是一件衣服”;
服装设计——觅灵感,画图纸,制成衣:“即便是一副鸟骨头,我也能把它变成一件衣服”;
室内装潢——用麋鹿皮和动物獠牙给新泽西的家做软装;
今后打算——退役后上纽约FIT(时装学院),“用时尚征服世界”。

口无遮拦
用“水上浮萍”来形容自己在大赛前压力之大——犹如一朵漂浮于水上的花朵;
用人对毒~品和酒精的反应来形容观众对他及另一选手节目的反应——美冰协官员找其谈话;
纠正《今日美国》评论员所写其所戴围巾之质地——应为“毛皮”,而非文中所写“皮革”。皮革+毛=毛皮,这“毛”把美国冰协官员也给惹毛了,欲再找其谈话。
“希望自己能成为另类小孩们的榜样。”

梦开始的地方
9岁看花滑——沉醉于Oksana Baiul的美,无视Tonya Harding与Nancy Kerrigan的闹剧;
12岁学花滑——两星期内学会1Axel,随后学习2Axel。
 楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-9 15:56:28 | 显示全部楼层
少爷猛照

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-9 15:58:16 | 显示全部楼层

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-9 15:59:34 | 显示全部楼层

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-9 16:03:34 | 显示全部楼层

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-9 16:05:34 | 显示全部楼层
第一张纯粹为给棒子冰迷面子~~

又见企鹅装~~去哈尔滨的冰迷们进来怀念一下......
audrey0106 发表于 2009-11-9 22:12:25 | 显示全部楼层
大少,你一定要這樣子嗎?
害我晚上睡不著覺怎麼辦?
鱼类 发表于 2009-11-11 11:07:22 | 显示全部楼层
chris 发表于 2009-11-12 20:57:23 | 显示全部楼层
这一张也太娇羞了点,晕
 楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-15 21:51:16 | 显示全部楼层
Q&A:http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=2368/qa/index.html

Take us through your pre-Olympic season. It didn't go as you planned, but what's your analysis of it?
My pre-Olympic season was very difficult. I was ill for the majority of it when I was actually competing. went to the Grand Prix events and was-was sick and dealing with some equipment issues. Then before the National Championship I had a very bad virus and I was in a hospital, hooked up to an IV in-in Seoul, South Korea. I lost about eight pounds, nine pounds. I'm not so big, so it's a lot of weight to lose and I wasn't strong enough to start training right away. And by the time I was getting stronger and getting better, I was competing and I was on national television.

It was very hard, because I was in a situation where I didn't trust that if I asked for a bye that I would receive one to go to the World Championships, despite my being the only American medalist the year before. I didn't trust that I would be given that opportunity, so I competed and I tried my very best and it naturally wasn't good enough, just because I wasn't strong enough to be in the top three at that time. It was very depressing and really sad that I couldn't [show] my usual level of-of skating and-style and I was basically out there just trying to get through.

And then after the National Championships I wasn't named to the world team, despite several people saying:, ‘Okay, we're going to work and we're going to get you on there.' Which again, I don't trust anybody. I didn't necessarily believe that that was going to happen. And it ended up not happening.

I really had to juggle in my head whether I wanted to continue skating or not, if I could come back from this. And I realized that I did everything that I could have. I was the top American in the world standings. I had nothing to be ashamed of, I was just sick and unhealthy and not able to perform. And that's not something I could have helped, it's not something that I can control.

So looking at that and looking at the Olympics ahead, I want to give up everything and just be there. I want to be there. I want a medal. I want all of these things to come to fruition and for that to happen, it takes hard work. And I'm one hundred percent committed to making that happen.

Were you able to take away anything positive from last season?
I find nothing positive about the way that it ended. It didn't revive a fighting spirit, it just depressed me and I felt that I couldn't get past that. But I did. I'm a strong person, It's not so much that the problems and the issues of what I faced made me stronger, it's just I realized that I'm strong in myself. Falling down and getting back up , having a disaster and then coming back the next year, it's kind of what I've made my career from. Which is really stressful on me, I can tell you. But it's the way it is.

Is that something you pride yourself in, getting knocked down and then finding the strength to come back?
I think it makes me feel very strong when people talk badly about me and they don't believe in me, because it gives me that fire to show them who I am and what I am. And then when it's done, in general they'll all come up and say, ‘Oh, my god, we supported you the whole way. We're so excited, thank you...you did great. ‘ And I can say, ‘Where were you a year ago? Or where were you six months ago?' That's something that makes me strong. It's very vindictive and maybe it's not the right way that you should perform and find fire, but it works for me.

You talk about trust issues. How much energy have you expended over time kind of trying to maintain who you are and being who you want to be?
Well I'm in a judged sport. It's very political and you can never be sure that you're with the right coach or that we're wearing the right thing. Those things you can't be sure of. I can be sure at the end of the day when I go to bed, that I will lay down and I will be Johnny Weir. And I have to be proud of the decisions I made and be proud of what I've done. That has helped me to be a good competitor, because I don't care so much about what other people are saying about me. It has no relevance to my life and to who I am.

Of course, if you want medals and you're driven just by medals, then you need to make everyone happy and you need to say all the right things. And you need to try to please everyone. But even those people don't please everyone. Even the people that play by every single rule, say every single thing they're supposed to, listen to their coaches and-and bring up different sponsors and all of these things when they're doing interviews like this, those people still don't make everyone happy. Those people don't always finish first. Those people don't always win. I accept that, it's just a lot of people don't.

Can you talk about your international appeal? What makes you so popular around the world?
Well, it's a very big deal for me to teach people - not just kids, but even adults. There are so many people out there living behind a shield of what they think the world wants to see. Life's too short for that. I'm very much about being unique and-and following your own path and falling down and getting yourself back up, not looking to someone else to help you. And internationally I think I'm accepted because I speak my mind, I go to these other places and I'm very open. I'm inspired by other cultures and I'm inspired by what a culture can show me as far as the way they dress, the way they eat, their mannerisms, their manners. I'm thankful every time I go someplace or I'm immersed in a culture.

There's some very big skating hotbeds that support me and follow me as if I was one of their own. I have three Russian web sites. I have web sites in Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, and Czech. I have all of these different people from around the world that support me just because I'm me. Not because of my results. I have no world title and I have no Olympic title. I'm a three-time American champion and a world bronze medalist. I'm so proud of all of those accomplishments, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm not supposed to be as big a star as Yevgeny Plushenko or Alexei Yagudin or any of these people, but I hold my own and I'm just as popular around the world as any major champion. That's something that I'm very proud of and something I'm thankful for. My fans really have made me who I am.

You've talked about showing people who you are and you've said that you want to just be a role model to kids; you want to be a role model to kids who want to be themselves. What do you mean by that?
Society right now judges everything about your life and everything about who you are. Kids are awful to each other. My message is just to be strong enough to be yourself. I don't need to fit a mold. I don't need to fit into someone else's idea of what a figure skater, or a man, or someone from Pennsylvania, someone from the country now living in the city - I don't need to fit any of those molds.

I need to be Johnny Weir from start to finish every day. I hope other kids can see that in me and they can learn that it's fine to be who you are and do what you want.

After your last Olympic Games in Torino, you were very descriptive about the way you felt. Are you happy with the way you handled everything? How was the aftermath of the Olympics for you?
Well, the aftermath of Torino was pretty disastrous. I learned how two-faced people, and especially media can be. Second place after a good short program, 'Oh, he's funny. He says what he wants to. He doesn't care what anyone thinks. It's very cute, very funny. He's very young. Star quality, blah, blah, blah.'

And then as soon as I lose a medal for the United States, I felt like the entire country turned and flipped it on me. I was a disaster, I was a loose cannon, I talk too much, I got called every name you can think of, I got death threats, I got terrible, hateful emails, I got all of this bad karma around me just for being me. I didn't change in two days between the short program and the long program. I was still the same, exact person. I just didn't have a good night.

Looking back, I can say yeah, there were some mistakes I made in-in the media. There were some things I shouldn't have talked about, things I shouldn't have said. I stand behind everything that I say and, even when it's a mistake. I said it. Boom! That's it. What am I going to do now?

Now that I'm older and I hope a bit wiser, I can taper it a bit. I don't expect all of the mainstream media to understand what I'm feeling after I just got off the ice, after I had learned I would have no medal. I was so nervous. I couldn't even remember how I skated. I got off the ice and I started talking about my aura. I don't know where it came from. I don't expect anyone to get it, but that's how I felt at that time. I was two seconds away from just bursting into tears, I mean, give me a break.

Just for your own benefit, what did you learn in Torino that you can apply to Vancouver?
Not to let all of the extra affect me. I'm on the ice, I'm skating. That it's like any other competition. People have these notions of what the Olympics should be and it should be this big dreamy land.
And in the end, you weigh a buck thirty, you're wearing crazy something, and you're in the middle of the ice. Everyone's staring at you. I mean, that's what it ends up being. It's just you being you in the normal competitive atmosphere with a camera right here. And that's-that's the only difference. Your face is all over the world.

And knowing that going into [Vancouver], I'll know what to expect. I won't say, ‘Oh, my god. I was in People magazine today,' ‘Oh, my god, I was on the cover of the New York Times today.' That won't affect me because I've lived through it and it's done. Now I know it's not as important as what I actually produce on the ice.

One of the things that's unique to your style is your artistry on the ice. Was that something that came naturally, or did you have to work on it?
My style of figure skating starts with the music. You have to be inspired by what you're skating to. You have to be inspired by the idea around your choreography. You can't just go on the ice and do movements to music. It has to be from your soul. I think I've understood that since I was young, and I was able to bring that out in my skating because I appreciate music so much and it's so important in my daily life - what I'm listening to, what I'm singing along to. I can feel music, and that's the way I like to skate. Everything comes from within and it all comes to the music, not placed on top of music.

People sometimes forget how difficult figure skating is. You make it look flawless when you're competing, what about what it takes to get to that point?
I spend about 24 hours of my life thinking about or actually living on a giant ice cube that I'm falling down repeatedly on, that I'm sweating on, that I'm crying on. It's just as much of a sport as anything else. I hate when people don't believe figure skating is a sport and they want to watch hockey or football, because all those guys, they have a whole team around them, they've got all these pads on.

I go out there in a spandex, velvet, rhinestone-encrusted costume, no pads, and I fall. I have no teammates to comfort me, I just have a very stern Ukrainian coach sitting next to me afterward.

And my sport, it's not what we showed the people on television. It's not the final product. My sport is the falling. It's the crying. It's the bleeding on an ice cube, basically. In early, early hours in the morning, late hours at night, never really getting enough sleep or feeling like you've eaten enough. It's a hard core sport. It's hard for people to see that because, at the end of the day, our sport has a shiny veneer and we have to look perfect and flawless and effortless.

That's what it takes to be a good figure skater. You have to be bruised and skinny and dying behind the scenes, but then cover it up with a smile.

Do you plan on writing an autobiography when you retire from competitive skating?
Absolutely. I will write a book as soon as I'm done. I've got so much dirt that I need to get out of me, and so many dealings behind the scenes and how cutthroat it really is. I'm excited to share all of that while telling my own story and how I've intertwined myself through all of it. I've snaked through relatively unscathed, compared to some people. It's such a small world that I compete in and that I live in, sometimes it's ridiculous, sometimes everyone hates you, sometimes everyone loves you. But in general, we all have one thing in common and we all love it, for the most part, and it makes us some sick, twisted family. And I want to tell that story.

What is your definition of victory?
As I'm in an objective sport I can't be defined by a result or a medal that a group of people get to decide if I'm worthy of. For me, victory is feeling accomplished, feeling like that night I'll be able to sleep easy knowing that I did everything I could and I did everything to the best of my ability.
That's very cookie-cutter and that's very a sweet and sugary answer, but that's what it comes down to in my sport. I can't rely on a stop watch and I can't rely on a team around me. It's just me and then however many people judging me. And that result ends up not being so important if you're happy with yourself.
audrey0106 发表于 2009-11-17 14:24:11 | 显示全部楼层
And then when it's done, in general they'll all come up and say, ‘Oh, my god, we supported you the whole way. We're so excited, thank you...you did great. ‘ And I can say, ‘Where were you a year ago? Or where were you six months ago?'

我們在擔心跟恨鐵不成鋼[em65]
 楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-17 17:30:46 | 显示全部楼层
真佩服他能将如此无聊的问题回答得“有声有色”~~

这是NBC网站上的视频页,非美国的不能观看。谁能帮忙下载下载看这四个视频?(缓冲完了到临时文件夹里找)

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=2368/video/index.html

貌似前两个视频很搞笑~~

audrey0106 发表于 2009-11-21 19:02:31 | 显示全部楼层
我有試著去看,但貌似還要下載一個叫silverlight的軟體,雖說是micro$oft的軟體,但我還是不敢隨便下載…所以無緣看到了…
冰祭 发表于 2009-11-21 21:52:01 | 显示全部楼层
这一套图真不错!特别是开始那几张!
终于能去冬奥会了...我也不奢求什么...看着就好了....不知不觉都4年了呀~
 楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2009-11-21 22:39:43 | 显示全部楼层
这一套图真不错!特别是开始那几张!
终于能去冬奥会了...我也不奢求什么...看着就好了....不知不觉都4年了呀 ...
冰祭 发表于 2009-11-21 21:52

这个网页并不能代表他能去奥运会,具体还得看他明年在全美的表现。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表