2003 Midwestern Sectional, Novice - 5th
2003 Southwestern Regional, Novice - 2nd

柏山艾莉 他们的成绩还不错啊!

柏山艾莉 发表于 2004-12-8 21:39:00 | 显示全部楼层

这对选手到了能参加成年组大奖赛的年龄了吗?

看上面公主给的他们的记录难道他们还没参加过全美青少年组比赛吗??

不会吧 如果有的话成绩怎么样呀? 世青赛呢?

楼主| 小公主 发表于 2004-12-9 11:12:00 | 显示全部楼层
他们04年即上赛季才参加全美锦标的Novice,而这个赛季就参加青年组的大奖赛了,而且还进入了总站赛,成绩已经很不错了.我想他们会参加05年的全美锦标赛的青年组.如果成绩好的话,他们就会参加明年的世青赛.他们有这样的成绩已经说明他们是很有前途的,女选手好像也只得13岁啊!你不能太心急哦!
princess 发表于 2004-12-27 15:38:00 | 显示全部楼层

December 2004 issue of Skating Magazine

楼主| 小公主 发表于 2004-12-27 16:33:00 | 显示全部楼层

11月的这一份应该是主要讲小选手们的.

楼主| 小公主 发表于 2005-1-1 15:49:00 | 显示全部楼层

又找到一篇关于KIMMIE的文章,虽然是在04年十月发表的,但我想大家可能还未看

Skater Kimmie Meissner world-class competitor

Kimmie Meissner (left) of the University of Delaware Figure Skating Club is coached by Pamela Gregory, the 2004 national Developmental Coach of the Year.
4:47 p.m., Oct. 26, 2004--Fifteen-year-old Kimmie Meissner of the University of Delaware Figure Skating Club is bright, energetic, enthusiastic and one of the hottest young skaters in the world.

Meissner is on a terrific run, most recently taking the ice with American stars Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen during the Campbell's International Figure Skating Classic held Oct. 1 at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn.

Sports reporter Tom Powers wrote in the St. Paul Pioneer Press prior to the event that it would feature the “Generation Next of skating stars” and that most rinkside observers agreed Meissner was “the most intriguing youngster” in the competition.

Meissner bore out that assessment, finishing fifth behind Kwan, Shizuka Arakawa of Japan, Cohen and Miki Ando of Japan. She finished ahead of fellow Americans Jennifer Kirk and Amber Corwin.

Meissner is the reigning U.S. junior ladies champion, won the silver medal in the 2004 International Skating Union world junior figure skating championships held in March at The Hague in the Netherlands and is a near-lock to be invited to the ISU junior grand prix finals to be held Dec. 2-5 in Helsinki, Finland.

In January, she will travel to Portland, Ore., for the 2005 U.S. Figure Skating Association national championship.

A motivated competitor who also is very athletic, Meissner has mastered the triple lutz, is working on a triple axel, and is looking ahead to the day when she can add a quadruple toe loop to her repertoire. In short, her future is very bright.

Meissner’s mother, Judy (left), brings her daughter to UD for training from Maryland.
Meissner said she took up figure skating because she valued her front teeth. As a young child, she spent much of her time at an ice rink near Baltimore where her father and older brothers enjoyed playing hockey.

“When I was about 6 years old, I decided I didn’t want to sit and watch them anymore,” Meissner said. “There were two rinks, one for ice hockey and one for figure skating. I didn’t want to lose my teeth, so I thought figure skating would be better for me than hockey.”

Besides, she said, the young people who were figure skating “looked like they were having fun, and I wanted to have fun, too.”

Furthermore, she said, “It’s a pretty sport, and I wanted to wear the dresses with sparkles and the make-up.”

Meissner started taking lessons, first in groups and then individually. At first, she thought the people who were complimenting her skating ability were simply trying to be nice, but at about 8 years old, she “realized I could do something with it.”

That is when she began making the commute from Maryland, where she is a sophomore at Fallston High School, to the University of Delaware, which offers a world-class figure skating training program.

“I really enjoy training at the University of Delaware,” Meissner said. “I like the coaches, the trainers and the workout room. I also like the skaters I am with. The skaters here push me and help me progress.”

<
 楼主| 小公主 发表于 2005-1-1 16:22:00 | 显示全部楼层

www.dholli.com 里也有KIMMIE的,可惜只有一页

UD skater heads to Nationals

Up-and-coming Meissner, 15, to skate in sendoff show Saturday

By MARTIN FRANK / The News Journal
12/10/2004

NEWARK -- Kimmie Meissner can only imagine what it will be like the night of Jan. 15, with a national TV audience and a packed arena in Portland, Ore., watching her skate after the legendary Michelle Kwan receives the latest in a litany of standing ovations.

For most, the pressure would be enough to leave them quaking in their skates. Yet Meissner, 15, who trains at the University of Delaware, wants that to happen more than anything. It is something she and her coach, Pamela Gregory, talk about often.

If it happens, it will mean that Meissner will have made it to the final group of the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, where the top skaters perform and the attention is potentially overwhelming.

"She needs to be mentally ready for that, to skate after Michelle gets a standing ovation and make the crowd give her one, too," Gregory said. "We both try to think big, and she loves that. She expects a lot of herself, and we look at it like nothing's impossible."

Area skating fans will get a glimpse of Meissner's potential Saturday when she is among the performers at the U.S. National Figure Skating Sendoff Exhibition at UD's Fred Rust Ice Arena.

Ron Ludington, who runs the UD skating program, said they will see what the international skating community has seen over this past year.

"Kimmie can be the best," he said. "She's got the ability. Right now, she's skyrocketing, and she's still very young."

Ludington wouldn't compare Meissner to Tara Lipinski, another figure skating prodigy he coached about 10 years ago. Lipinski won the gold medal at the 1998 Olympics.

"It's not fair to compare them because they're skating in different eras," Ludington said. "The skaters are better now and they're doing more difficult jumps than they did when Tara skated. Jumping-wise, Kimmie is better. But she has to be better to keep up with the other top girls."

Meissner doesn't dissuade talk about making the U.S. Olympic team in 2006, or finishing among the top three at Nationals. At the same time, she doesn't let those thoughts consume her, either.

"Of course, it would be nice, really nice," she said. "But I just want to take it year by year and see where it takes me."

So far, it has taken Meissner to the point of being one of the most promising young skaters in the world.

She was the Novice champion at the U.S. Figure Skating Championship in 2003, and the Junior champion last year. Meissner was second at the Junior World Championships in March and third at the Junior Grand Prix final last week in the Netherlands.

In October, Meissner competed in her first senior event, the Campbell Classic, going against Kwan, Sasha Cohen and rising Japanese stars Shlzuka Arakama and Miki Ando.

Meissner finished fifth, ahead of Americans Jennifer Kirk and Amber Corwin, who have been competing at the senior level for at least four years.

Meissner knows a good performance at Nationals can help her even more. So she has worked hard to land the triple axel, a jump few women skaters can land in competition. That includes Kwan and Cohen.

"This might be the most exciting event that I'll be in," Meissner said. "There are going to be a lot more people watching, and everyone's going to be screaming, especially if I'm in that last group with Michelle."

If this all happened suddenly, imagine how Meissner's mother, Judy, feels. Kimmie started taking figure skating lessons when she was 6, skating on the adjoining rink while her three older brothers were playing or practicing hockey.

When Kimmie was 8, the skating instructor told Judy Meissner that Kimmie should take private lessons. A few years later, that instructor recommended she take lessons at UD.

Before long, Judy Meissner was driving her daughter

楼主| 小公主 发表于 2005-1-5 14:58:00 | 显示全部楼层

katy的2005 MIDWESTERN SECTIONALS

楼主| 小公主 发表于 2005-1-10 11:29:00 | 显示全部楼层
Novice Ladies Short Program
Kaysi Kitsell, first place

Rachael Flatt, second place
Kirsten Olson, third place
Caroline Zhang, fourth place
第一名的女孩这个提刀动作还挺漂亮的.看圆圆的这个动作好像做得挺吃力.
dy 发表于 2005-1-10 12:39:00 | 显示全部楼层

偶追到寻访经典来了.谢谢公主!

你说的哪个是圆圆的?

科科 发表于 2005-1-10 13:16:00 | 显示全部楼层

Wow, 我也好喜欢KIMMIE,期待好的表现。美国的女单总是新人辈出,说不定她们当中就会有人创造奇迹。

当然,祝福科恩有上佳表现,好想看到她的“窈窕淑女”! 小美人!

楼主| 小公主 发表于 2005-1-10 18:01:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用dy在2005-1-10 12:39:35的发言:

偶追到寻访经典来了.谢谢公主!

你说的哪个是圆圆的?

圆圆短节目排第四啊!最后一幅图就是她啦。她的英文名是Caroline Zhang,

其它图片

Kaysi Kitsell and her coach, Robin Wagner.
原来短节目第一的选手是ROBIN WANGNER的弟子。厉害!
样子也挺漂亮哦!美国队真是多美女!
圆圆的
Caroline Zhang finds she's only a little bigger than the bag from which she draws.
圆圆看样子年纪很少。谁能去查一查她的底子?听说她四岁才去加洲。然后就开始学滑冰了。
 楼主| 小公主 发表于 2005-1-11 10:19:00 | 显示全部楼层

以下是junior组的一些图片

Margaret Wang waits to see her marks after completing her junior ladies short program.
这个女孩不知会不会是华裔?
Danielle Shepard
The junior ladies line up for the draw after completing the short program.
前四名的图片(现在只有女单的)
Sandra Jean Rucker, first place
Megan Oster, second place
Christine Zukowski, third place
Anna Peng, fourth place
Anna Peng也不知会不会是华裔?看样子她是亚裔的.
 楼主| 小公主 发表于 2005-1-11 15:10:00 | 显示全部楼层

初学者组女单的图片

Rachael Flatt, first place
Megan Hyatt, second place
Katrina Hacker, third place
Caroline Zhang, fourth place