返回列表 发新帖

[转贴]开幕式着凉 身体欠佳--关颖珊可能退出女子单人滑

[复制链接]
vividlyzh 发表于 2006-2-12 11:20:00 | 显示全部楼层
只要小关出现在赛场上就行
杰里米 发表于 2006-2-12 16:43:00 | 显示全部楼层

MICHELLE KWAN WITHDRAWS FROM 2006 OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES DUE TO INJURY KWAN TO BE AVAILABLE AT 11:30 A.M. IN SALA 500 ROOM

by Media Services - U.S. Olympic Committee (Italian Cell Phone: 011-113-6372)

MICHELLE KWAN WITHDRAWS FROM 2006 OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES DUE TO INJURY KWAN TO BE AVAILABLE AT 11:30 A.M. IN SALA 500 ROOM

Torino, Italy (Feb. 12, 2006) – The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) announced today that five-time World and nine-time U.S. champion Michelle Kwan has made the decision to withdraw from the 2006 Olympic Winter Games due to injury. Kwan injured an adductor muscle in her right hip, commonly called a groin strain, at a practice Saturday morning at the Palaghiaccio practice ice rink in Torino, Italy.

Pain from the injury grew significantly worse Saturday evening. At 2:15 a.m. Sunday, Kwan was evaluated by a U.S. team physician in the Athletes’ Village. Dr. Jim Moeller, M.D., of Detroit, Mich., evaluated Kwan and diagnosed her with a severe groin strain. Shortly afterwards, Kwan decided to withdraw from Olympic competition.

“Taking myself off the team is the most difficult decision I’ve ever had to make,” Kwan said, “but it’s the right decision. This injury prevents me from skating my best, and I’ve said all along that if I couldn’t skate to the level that I expected from myself I’d withdraw from the team. The Olympics is the greatest sporting event in the world and what's most important is that the United States fields the strongest team possible. As much as I'd love to represent the United States in Torino, I would never stand in the way of that.”

Saturday’s practice took place at 11:20 a.m. At the practice, Kwan injured her right hip adductor while landing a triple flip jump. At the conclusion of her practice, she attended a press conference at 1 p.m. and was feeling discomfort at the time. The injury worsened throughout the evening, and she met with Moeller at 2:15 a.m.

“During training yesterday, Ms. Kwan injured her adductor muscle in her right hip, commonly called a groin strain,” Moeller said. “This injury limits her function making it impossible for her to jump, land and skate effectively and without risk of serious injury.”

Moeller added that it is his opinion that the injury is unrelated to prior injuries that Kwan experienced, and she is expected to make a full recovery.

At 7:30 a.m. today, the U.S. Olympic Committee submitted a Late Athlete Replacement Form to the Torino Olympic Organizing Committee (TOROC), submitting Emily Hughes as a replacement athlete in the ladies figure skating competition. The USOC expects to receive an answer from TOROC this week. Hughes was contacted at 2:45 a.m. (Sunday) Torino time, 8:45 p.m. (Saturday) Eastern time, and she will be traveling to Torino shortly.

Kwan will be available at a press conference today at 11:30 a.m. Torino time in the Sala 500 press conference room in Torino, Italy.

Hughes will be available via teleconference later today with details to be announced shortly.

http://www.usocpressbox.org/usoc/pressbox.nsf/6272c9a938d3a5cb8525711000564abd/c4282dc1cf9b049985257113002c426e?OpenDocument

如雪 发表于 2006-2-15 20:12:00 | 显示全部楼层
不会这个样子退出吧,好可惜的
dingdingy 发表于 2006-2-17 22:32:00 | 显示全部楼层

小关承受的压力实在是太大,才会选择在最后关头退出啊。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表