[资讯] Makarova因伤错过新赛季

[复制链接]
年华小编 发表于 2013-5-24 17:58:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
663808932.jpg

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130523/663807994.html

Rukavitsin: Ksenia decided to skip the next season. The main reason is her injuries which need to heal. One of the injuries - her hip became repeative. We will continue meeting up - either Ksenia will come to St. Petersburg or I will come to the USA. We will talk about it after the season will be over.

下面是一跳相关博客

http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/05/ksenia-makarova-out-with-injury-how.html

Ksenia Makarova Out With Injury: How This Impacts The Russian Ladies Field

One of the most devastating things that can happen to any skater is to deal with an injury, and the worst kind can be one that's long term and not easily healed in the matter of a month or two of rehabilitation. Injuries end careers and dash dreams and unfortunately, they happen. It's the nature of any physical activity. When you rely on your body, sometimes it will let you down. Unfortunately, an announcement was made today that will deeply impact one figure skater's career and also the Russian ladies scene overall, including which skaters will fight for spots at next season's Olympic Games in Russia and World Championships in Japan.

Former Russian National Champion Ksenia Makarova, a seasoned skater with plenty of international experience (including a trip to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver), announced that she plans to take the 2013/2014 season off to attempt to heal a chronic hip injury that has significantly affected her training. Russian official Eugene Rukavitsyn indicated that Makarova does not intend to retire at this plan, and will meet regularly with him to assess the situation further. How does this affect the Russian ladies scene further?

You might say it doesn't, and that's not really a fair assessment. The Russian ladies field at present is one of the deepest in the world, with skaters like Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Adelina Sotnikova being heralded as leaders of the pack and shoe-in's for Sochi. While Makarova finished a disappointing 8th at the 2013 Russian National Figure Skating Championships in Sochi, Russia, her score of 163.83 was not indicative of her true capabilities as a skater or her ability to contend for a spot in the next Olympics. Strong performances by Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova and 2012 World silver medallist Alena Leonova earned Russia 2 spots at the next Winter Olympics. If you look at Makarova's personal best score of 171.91, achieved at the 2010 Winter Olympics, you see that only 5 Russian ladies currently competing have beat that score, and with her demonstrated ability to land triple/triple combinations and more stylised skating compared to some of her country mates, she certainly would have been a contender for one of those spots. Christina Gao was 5th at U.S. Nationals and I don't think anyone's written her off, nor should they. Just sayin. I'm not saying it would have been easy for Makarova, but if she was injury free, she certainly could have been up there.

In an interview with R-Sport, Makarova explained "I am doing now treatment and go to college. The next season will continue to train, but not as strong as in previous years. Believe that one must first get rid of the injuries that plagued me for nearly three years - to hip and buttock, and then continue to ride. I can not give 100 percent when I have a pain." She went on to explain that she plans to watch the next Olympics in her home country and resume training for the 2018 Winter Olympics. She's not planning on going anywhere, nor should she. At 20 years old, her career is hardly over.

The spots are still not determined yet. Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva aren't going to have an easy go of it either. Alena Leonova is a real threat to these ladies. Her presentation is miles ahead of both of these two and her performances later in the season certainly redeemed a rough start to the 2012/2013 year. A lady among girls, I certainly wouldn't count her out in Sochi. If a skater like Elena Sokolova could resuscitate a failing career, a spunky skater like Leonova certainly can. There are also other skaters who are reeling off triple/triples like there's no tomorrow. Julia Lipnitskaia will be age eligible and has the goods technically as well - with consistent triple/triple combinations and strong levels on her spins. Outside chances to contend (as well) are Nikol Gosviani and Polina Korobeynikova, who have both represented Russia internationally at major competitions with respectable showings. Like anything else, it's going to come down to who stands up when it counts and who can prove consistent throughout the Olympic season - as well as those triple/triple combinations. The days of a triple lutz/double toe, triple flip and double axel in the short program earning you a gold medal are over in ladies figure skating thanks to skaters like Yu Na Kim and Mao Asada, and with or without Makarova, a Russian lady on the podium in Sochi is not an impossibility. Who it might be is a different question. You can't have the cake unless you go to the birthday party, girl.

Speaking of birthdays, mine is around the corner. Be a love and give "Is That A Skate Guard In Your Pocket Or Are You Happy To See Me?" a like on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard or follow me on the Twitter at http://twitter.com/ohh_N. It would be the best birthday present I could ask for. I'm sharing my passion by writing and the more reading the merrier I s
ay!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表